Suitable food for my tort

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
Good afternoon hope you all well I'm just waiting some advise I'm waiting to get some mazuri pellets for my tortoise to try as weeds are a little scares at the mo but as I live in the U.K. Iv been unable to find any however Iv found theses mazuri pellets from online shop shelled warriors and just want to make sure they the correct one before I purchase them

Attachments

• IMG_0801.PNG
    IMG_0801.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm not familiar with the "leaf eater" type, but it looks like the L.S. and not the regular Mazuri with the red label.
It's entirely possible that your tortoise might eat it, but most keepers report that their tortoises are not fond of anything except the "regular" type....And it's getting very hard to find.
We have overseas members that have found Mazuri equivelants that are easier to come by.
@Tidgy's Dad has found a few, for example.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have not seen this but it looks like the Purina/ Friskies tortoise food that I have and Tidgy usually adores. (though not at the moment, oddly) .
Purina also produce Mazuri , I believe, so they may be the same as the LS that Ed mentioned above.

Fay Watkins

South Wales UK
Good afternoon hope you all well I'm just waiting some advise I'm waiting to get some mazuri pellets for my tortoise to try as weeds are a little scares at the mo but as I live in the U.K. Iv been unable to find any however Iv found theses mazuri pellets from online shop shelled warriors and just want to make sure they the correct one before I purchase them
Hiya Hun,I'm in wales and pets at home do a complete tortoise pellet type food u just add a touch of water to it,its got dandelion n fruits,my tortoise loves it n I put mixed salad leaves down too from Asda,he's a shelled eating machine lol

Fay Watkins

South Wales UK
Bless him are they the Komodo ones because iv seen them in pet shop but was unsure if they was ok to give him but if they are I'll try those
Yes they are,I put some down first n didn't read the label n wondered y he didn't go near them,then I read it lol soon as I added a bit of water he ate the lot lol