Stupid question

Hai

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson az
Say if I got 2 hatchlings from the same group and years from now I find out by chance it's a male/female. Are they able to mate or are they like us humans lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Say if I got 2 hatchlings from the same group and years from now I find out by chance it's a male/female. Are they able to mate or are they like us humans lol

You mean Brother and Sister? Ew. Okay so just messing with you :) But seriously, that would not be a desirable set up....also, a pair of tortoise--brother and sister or not does not do well....

Hai

Tucson az
You mean Brother and Sister? Ew. Okay so just messing with you :) But seriously, that would not be a desirable set up....also, a pair of tortoise--brother and sister or not does not do well....

So is it not good to keep around some from the same clutch? Like if I have a few should they be from other torts?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I’m from PHX AZ ! What type tort ? The reason I ask is we can meet in Mesa Reptile show next year and trade to improve your blood lines ! So don’t rule it out !Now you would have to separate them for 3-6 months to prevent problems .[emoji217]