Strange discharge when bathing

Stevie909

So got my Hermann (Helmut) on Thurs, seems v happy so far.
Been giving him daily soaks the past few days, during yesterday's he had a good pee which was good.

However during today's there was some brown-yellow discharge with a few floaty bits pic attached. Haven't physically seen him poo yet so maybe this was it? Might be worrying over nothing but he's my first so wanted to make sure, any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
How old is he? Probably nothing to worry about, Babies poop and leak and squirt all kinds or colors and textures. As long as it keeps coming out your good.

Stevie909

How old is he? Probably nothing to worry about, Babies poop and leak and squirt all kinds or colors and textures. As long as it keeps coming out your good.

Hatched in September so 8 months old. Thanks for the reassurance, behaviourally he seems totally fine (as much as I can tell this early on) so didn't think there was anything wrong with him.

Stevie909

So hasn't happened again, everything now moving as it should. He's eating and going about his business fine, hard life being a tortoise. Panic over!

Kasia

Poland
So hasn't happened again, everything now moving as it should. He's eating and going about his business fine, hard life being a tortoise. Panic over!
If you are worried take his stool for a check up to the Vet's office. It doesn't cost a lot and you will be sure that his parasite free. You don't even have to take him with you. :)

Stevie909

If you are worried take his stool for a check up to the Vet's office. It doesn't cost a lot and you will be sure that his parasite free. You don't even have to take him with you. :)

That's a good shout, he's got his first appt with the vet on Thursday to get him registered and get a general check up done, so could I take some poop with me to get checked?

Never thought I'd be saying a sentence like that...

Kasia

Poland
That's a good shout, he's got his first appt with the vet on Thursday to get him registered and get a general check up done, so could I take some poop with me to get checked?

Never thought I'd be saying a sentence like that...
Yep, take as fresh as you can. 2 or 3 day old poop isn't the best, some parasites will not survive that long and don't put it to the fridge before. Mine often delivers samples during the trip to the Vet's:) Good Vet would ask you for a sample anyways.