Spartacus1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I would not say I am hooked, but I have seen a few episodes and it seems pretty good

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I heard about that show, My fiance and I were talking about starting to watch it yesterday :).

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
It gets better and better....

I love this show big time!
Since Sparty has cancer(treatable) we will not be given a sequel for some time.
However they are talking of a Batiatus Prequel in the mean time.

KILL THEM ALL!

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Yeah I just heard about his cancer. Hope he can get back to work soon, just wouldn't be the same without Andy! I have season 1 on DVD, I'm totally hooked! But the REALLY gorie stuff I can't watch, I have to look away......but love watching the gladiators...yummy!

KILL THEM ALL!!................Lol

latshki

5 Year Member
I watched one show of this and I don't know
i really couldn't get hooked and I found it like a cheap version of 300 and was kind of cheesy
it might be because I pick stuff apart when I know stuff about the truth of that time
but I if your an HBO freak like me I bet you watched band of brothers and the pacific
those are the ones I love

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
latshki said:
I watched one show of this and I don't know
i really couldn't get hooked and I found it like a cheap version of 300 and was kind of cheesy
it might be because I pick stuff apart when I know stuff about the truth of that time
but I if your an HBO freak like me I bet you watched band of brothers and the pacific
those are the ones I love

I believe it to be a cheap artistic mix of Gladiator and 300.
Knowing the entire show takes place on set and with green screens, I can easily overlook the cheesy artistic look of it.
They save for the violence effects of people getting uhm, killed.

As far as turning away for the Violence DonaTello's-Mom, I do not get that, you must spend half the show turned away. Especially in that last episode WOW Kill Them All was a suiting title to the episode.
I am familiar with the recoded history of Spartacus and his part in the Third Sevile War. And was really looking forward to seeing that through in the following 2 seasons which are rumored to have been planned before Andys cancer.
Now I want to watch episode 13 again...

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Rats!

I was hoping for a good documentary on the first century B.C. Roman slave who led an uprising and beat the Roman army in battle several times...another favorite historical character, after Hannibal. :D

OK, I was just checking my dates on Google and I see that it's a series about real historical figure...it's probably too much blood and violence for me to watch, though. :rolleyes:

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
I can watch SOME of the gore OK..Lol..but when they do the close-up, slow motion bloody action shots, THATS when I have to look away!

goodsmeagol wrote......

"As far as turning away for the Violence DonaTello's-Mom, I do not get that, you must spend half the show turned away. Especially in that last episode WOW Kill Them All was a suiting title to the episode."

Really, you don't have 'GET THAT"............there's more to the show than just violence. I enjoy it for my reasons irregardless of what you think. Play nice goodsmeagol........

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
I can watch SOME of the gore OK..Lol..but when they do the close-up, slow motion bloody action shots, THATS when I have to look away!

goodsmeagol wrote......

"As far as turning away for the Violence DonaTello's-Mom, I do not get that, you must spend half the show turned away. Especially in that last episode WOW Kill Them All was a suiting title to the episode."

Really, you don't have 'GET THAT"............there's more to the show than just violence. I enjoy it for my reasons irregardless of what you think. Play nice goodsmeagol........

Ah no, I was playing nice, my only point was, there is a lot of violence lol...
If all it was, was violence, it would not have been an amazing season! Betrayal, love, friendship, more betrayal, greed, power struggle, it has a lot of offer. But you must admit, the final episode was heavily over powered by heavy fighting, yet still managed to amaze for the style of portraying such violence.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh.... apologizes, and yes, lots of violence, blood and nasty stuff too. Ep #13 was brutal (finale one).....but I still love the storyline. I just wonder if the language they used in the show (profanity) was used back then?? kinda shocking to hear it in that kind of movie, set in that time period. Was it accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.