Sorry for never being around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello all!

So life has been busy, again, and I just want to say I miss you all.

News:
- My marriage is quickly approaching (July 23rd!) and I have been busy hammering down all the details and licking stamps for invitation. And I'm sure you will all be jealous when you learn that Maggie is coming to the big day! ^_^

- I graduated last month after nearly 5 years of college, applied around to a million and one places and just got a job offer that I am 99.9 per cent sure to take... a teaching job in Singapore!!

What does that mean for Millie and Gerdy? They will be having a nice 15 month stay with Yvonne! (THANK YOU SOOOOO SOOOOOO MUCH YVONNE)!

Now all of these things couldn't of happened with out those fabulous sisters... so thank you Maggie & Yvonne for being great family :)

So as you can imagine, between student teaching, graduating, getting ready for the wedding and planning to move 1/2 way around the world, I've unfortunately neglected the forum a bit... Hope to be around more often now :) Cheers!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Thanks! I'll be teaching history and English. I feel comfortable with history, but I've never really had experience teaching English :S

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
We've never met Jordan, but I wish you the best on your travels and Marriage (exciting stuff!). I'm glad Yvonne will be keeping your torts, no one better to do so.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congrats!!! I am sure it is going to be very interesting to teach in Singapore :). Maggie is very lucky to be invited to the wedding :cool: I am sure Millie and Gerdy are going to love it at Yvonne's :).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a great experience. I bet Singapore will be amazing. Send us pics of all the radiateds and other rare torts that seem to be everywhere over there.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Welcome back and congrats to your approaching wedding and your job, Good luck to the 4 of you.xx

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I will be sure to post lots of pics and keep everyone up to date on my adventures. :) And I will certainly keep my eyes peeled for torts/turts (just not going to look for them in any Chinese soup :( ... if they sell that there? )

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I am so proud of you Jordan. Good luck on your new job and congrats on your graduation and wedding. I always knew you were a winner!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been busily putting together a couple of temporary pens for Millie and Gerdie. Here's the one I set up for those cool days and for nights:

drcausmonaut-1.jpg

drcausmonaut-2.jpg

And I just threw this one together, but I think it will be ok for this summer:

drcausmonaut-3.jpg

I had a couple aluminum roof panels and some already made up fence panels and I just "staked" them up into a rectangle. There are a couple of PVC hiding places up against the fence at the bottom...you can't see them. But I'm sure as the days go on, I'll think of improvements to the pens.

I hope Millie and Gerdie will be comfortable here.

Maggie will be bringing them to me and arrive sometime this afternoon/evening.

Safe trip!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
That is a very comfortable and nice enclosure Yvonne :D. I am sure Millie and Gerdie will love it :cool:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am so happy for you! what an exciting life you are starting. Congrats to you and your future wife:)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow Yvonne. You just threw that together? Looks great to me. What did you use for the water pond thingie. What is it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Wow Yvonne. You just threw that together? Looks great to me. What did you use for the water pond thingie. What is it?

If I'm remembering correctly, it came from Gardener's Supply Company (they're online). Its a boot thingey. You keep it inside your door and put your boots in it when you come in from outside.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
emysemys said:
terryo said:

If I'm remembering correctly, it came from Gardener's Supply Company (they're online). Its a boot thingey. You keep it inside your door and put your boots in it when you come in from outside.

Great idea! We have one of those that we use for boots in the winter.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. wait a minute Jordan. Weren't you just 17 like last year? College? I didn't even know that you were in college, I thought that you were in high school. :( Now I'm really confused. Why are you taking a teaching job so far away? Why not stay here and teach? Just had to ask. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Maggie forgot to set her alarm clock, so instead of Monday, she arrived today. In the process of driving down here, she was stopped twice for speeding. Neither cop wrote her up for the full amount she was speeding, but knocked off a few mph's. She said to tell Tom that if he had bought her that radar thing-a-ma-bob that he said he was going to buy it would have saved her a parcel of $$. :p

We put Millie and Gertie in some water, but neither was interested in drinking, so we put them in their new outdoor pen. Maggie told me that the tortoises aren't used to being on the ground and probably wouldn't know about grazing. The smaller tortoise immediately started eating the grass. They make a liar outta' ya every time. The larger of the two took off to explore the pen. I think they're going to be just fine.

So, Jordan, you can go to your new job with an easy mind. Your girls will be quite ok here with me while you're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.