Something stuck in tortoise eye

Sivakrishna

Hi guys
My tortoise has something stuck in one of his eye . He is feeling really uncomfortable n im scared to take it out of it!wat shuld I do guys? .

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I'd take a squirt bottle and flush it out. You can't leave it there it could cause damage and/or infection. Spray his eye until it comes out or after spraying use a damp cloth to help swipe it out.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
How about just bringing the tort to your sink, open the faucet to gentle flow of lukewarm temp water, get a good light, magnifying glass if needed, rinse and look, rinse and look again, if you see it stucking out, gently remove it, and once again- rinse out. Then soothing eye ointment would help her with discomfort

Sivakrishna

Thank you all for ur ideas but now his one eye is closed shut . He was scratching it and now I think its swollen!.im gonna take him to wet tomorrow! If u guys have some more ideas pls tell me! :)

Ed mitch

Thank you all for ur ideas but now his one eye is closed shut . He was scratching it and now I think its swollen!.im gonna take him to wet tomorrow! If u guys have some more ideas pls tell me! :)
Good luck with the tort!