Some new Bubba shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xastur

5 Year Member
Well Bubba has settled in nicely into his new home.. when i first got him he was doing everything he could to try and escape but now he has really taken a liking to his new home. Everytime he sees me he "bolts" ( as fast a he can for a tortoise) towards me because he knows its grub time. I'm still working on his previous shell rot but here are some pics of him grubbing out today.

Bubba1.jpg

Plum3.jpg

Plum2.jpg

Plum1.jpg

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
So cute. Love how you serve him on a plate :)

Xastur

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, just a question though is Bubba a Redfoot or is he a cherrhead.. I know a plastron shot would be of great help but i'm at work right now with no access to my pictures. The reason i ask is if i do end up getting a female i want to make sure they both are the same species so i don't muddle up the genes if they do breed.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Bubba is beautiful! I love the pretty plate too, I used to feed my tortoise on something similar with pink flowers but she used to try and eat the plate thinking the pretty colours were food. Bless her, she's a little slow at times...;)

Xastur

5 Year Member
Yourlocalpoet said:
Bubba is beautiful! I love the pretty plate too, I used to feed my tortoise on something similar with pink flowers but she used to try and eat the plate thinking the pretty colours were food. Bless her, she's a little slow at times...;)

Haha yeah im thinking about putting a tile there and putting the food on top but as of right now i watch him as he devours his meal just to make sure he doesn't get a little paper fever =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know enough about redfoots to give you a good answer, however, most of the Cherryheads I've seen pictures of, had very red heads, and your tortoise's head is yellow, so I would assume he's NOT a cherry head.

Xastur

5 Year Member
I don't know he was found by my friend wandering his front yard. He posted pics on his facebook and i quickly called him and told him i would be over in a sec to take him in. I built him his pen and the rest his history =).

J

jecourdclearck

Dear you bubba is looking very cool in all the shots. I am very happy to seen all of those bubba photos.
I want o also take one tortoise I think I will take very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.