Soaks and schedules

Bogie=babyDINO

Location (City and/or State)
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
So I noticed the last few days Bogarts urates are getting gritty. This has me changing his diet to less oxalated weeds and soaking him more. The problem is sometimes I leave for work early 530 am and come home from school late around 6 or 7pm so I soak him when I find him awake. My concern is Bogarts schedule. I would like to soak him more often like before I leave and when I get home but that means I'll be waking him up. Is that alright to disrupt his sleep so I can soak him more or is that a bad idea?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1458501395.228136.jpg

Rue

Canada
I have been waking mine up. I figure at the moment the soaking is more important than her beauty sleep.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
to be 100% honest tortoises for the most part don't have a schedule. So soak him when you want to or when you can it's not going to make that much of a difference to him. He can always go back to sleep if he wants to.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
to be 100% honest tortoises for the most part don't have a schedule. So soak him when you want to when you can it's not going to make that much difference to him he can always go back to sleep if you wants to
Awesome! I was thinking that butttt I just wanted to make sure he's not gonna get stressed out or sick or something. I think his soaks are most important right now anyway.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Well I woke bogart up this morning and he was not a happy tort. I put him in the warm soak and he sank under the water cause he didn't want to come out of his shell. I watched until he eventually stuck his head out to get a breath and glared at me. Oh boy I guess this is how I'll feel when I have kids and I have to wake them up for school lol.

Rue

Canada
We don't need to make them happy...we need to do what's best for them, if they like it or not...lol.

As far as waking kids go...I pulled off their bedding and turned the lights on...that would get them up. Never had to say a word. The youngest is 20...all three survived...

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Pets and Children neither one comes with a manual . Doing the best for them usually means doing something they may not like ! ;)

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
My Russian max is the same, when hes asleep & i put him in, he goes under cause hes still awake, what i try to do when hes asleep is pick him up & rub his shell and legs (and under his chin cause thats his favorite spot) once he opens his eyes and moves around some, i slowly put him in the water. It really only takes a minute to wake them.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
My Russian max is the same, when hes asleep & i put him in, he goes under cause hes still awake, what i try to do when hes asleep is pick him up & rub his shell and legs (and under his chin cause thats his favorite spot) once he opens his eyes and moves around some, i slowly put him in the water. It really only takes a minute to wake them.
Okay I'll try that cause bogart clearly is not a morning tortoise lol