Soaking

WitchyWoman35

Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Probably a stupid question. Do any of you use something to keep the water warm while soaking? Was thinking along the lines of heated waterers for dogs/cattle etc. Or maybe an aquarium heater or something similar. Was thinking that something like this would be a nice addition.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Probably a stupid question. Do any of you use something to keep the water warm while soaking? Was thinking along the lines of heated waterers for dogs/cattle etc. Or maybe an aquarium heater or something similar. Was thinking that something like this would be a nice addition.
There are no stupid questions here!

I just put the soaking bowl under the basking light in my Russian‘s PVC enclosure. It keeps the water temp up long enough for his soak.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Id stay away from any type of aquarium heater.

When we were daily soaking our Sully in a plastic washing basin in our kitchen sink, Id fill the smaller basin with water at a good temperature, insert Ms Sully & then every few minutes just top it up with warm water. Sometimes letting just a trickle of warm/hot water run constantly into the basin. The water never cooled down & Sully would position herself just right to let the water drip right on her back end. This way, the water never cooled down.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
If I'm doing a longer soak with any of my torts, I put the tub in their heated enclosure to keep the water up to temp.

Jamie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I just use an old mug to bail out the colder water and then top it up with warmer to keep it luke warm.