So Cal weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So am I the only one who thinks we are cooler this year than last? I mean I am cold at night bow, and it is june. Normally I would be letting my guys stay outside, but I have been bringing them in every night.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am with you on this topic....I put three of my guys out full time about three weeks ago or so...maybe four......they have earth covered man made burrows....but one of my guys likes burrowing and so he has the man made and now one dug directly into the earth...one of the half moon ones it is so awesome. But this winter I will be bringing them in because of the crazy el nino followed up by curent la nina....I am hoping we will soon get a traditional year soon :D a girl can dream....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It's cool here too in NY David. For the last two weeks, we had weather in the high 80's. Now it goes down to the high 50's and low 60's at night. I've been bringing Pio and Solo in too.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I haven't even been able to put Fernando out in his doghouse at night it's been so cold. I have started putting Dale out during the day, but not until around 12:00 p.m. Today I went in to find Dale upside down in his enclosure because he was trying to climb out. How scary is that? :( I do think that you're right David and it seems a little bit cooler this June. :) Hey! How did you get "Captain Awesome" under your name?

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yea You Are Right, Last Summer was Different then Now

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i turned the heat up, brought the bird inside and i dont think we have had a day in the 80s yet.. rain today, tomorrow.. might be nice by wed..

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Same thing in AZ. Although tomorrow is going to be 105+ towards the middle of next week we'll be in the mid 90's. Usually we are consistently in the 100's by now I think.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Candy said:
I haven't even been able to put Fernando out in his doghouse at night it's been so cold. I have started putting Dale out during the day, but not until around 12:00 p.m. Today I went in to find Dale upside down in his enclosure because he was trying to climb out. How scary is that? :( I do think that you're right David and it seems a little bit cooler this June. :) Hey! How did you get "Captain Awesome" under your name?

I would imagine it would be pretty scary, A mod can change your title just PM them, I chose captain awesome because when I was in the hospital as a child I would often introduce myself as captain awesome, and the moniker stuck to this day, actually in the hospital as a child is where I developed my sense of humor, often it was gallows humor, but that is a story for another time, Actually several of my family members I stuck with captain ( blank) my one cousin I call her captain destructo because she destroys everything she gets her hands on, my other cousin in the reserve (army) I call him captain obvious for obvious reasons.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I have let Aladar stay out at night...as long as the temps are in the 50s...and he's taken it well. But I've been bringing him in for about the last week again...it's definitely cooler...but up here in the high desert, it's all about the wind...and it's blown for over a week now...day and night. Still warm enough for everyone to be out during the day...but everyone's coming in at night...of course the babies come in anyway;)

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
it rained all lastnite and the day before in sacramento, i cant wait for it to get warm or hot even ,i have been anxiously waiting to set up my kiddie pool on my patio but if its not warm grass and plants wont grow in there and its pointless,

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
My DTs are all doing fine. It's plenty warm enough for them. Even the baby is out 24/7.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is much cooler than usual, but its still warm enough up here for some daily sunshine.

We had a relatively cool summer last year too. We only had one 10 day stretch with triple digit temps up here. Usually its triple digits most of the days from the end of June until the end of September.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
It was cool in September, too (relatively speaking)!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I'm with you Shelly....I live in the high desert (apple valley) and while we have had non stop heavier winds more than normal (because it is usually windy here more days than not) the sun has been out for the most part for the last few weeks....my guys have been out in their summer cottages and have been soaking up the rays....it has been in the fifty range (maybe a night or two in the late 40's) in the evenings....
They would be rolling and a stomping if I tried to put them inside in their winter boxes.....if the weather turns to wet along with really cold temps then I would...but so far so good here....thankfully:D. I am so sorry for the folks (and especially the tortoises) who are getting any crazy cold spells....I do look forward to nice evening temps...[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.