snow pictures here today

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I'm sure many of you have much more snow than I do, but here are just some this morning when I got up to let the dog's out.
Poor dogs are not going in the yard today....wee wee pads.
This is the door to the yard
016-22.jpg

Awww...my box turtle garden...hope the boxies are alright
018-22.jpg

Padre' Pio's garden...three feet under snow, to to the left of the steps (that you can't see)
014-26.jpg

from this...summer
ClosePlanting300x225-1.jpg

to this...my yard...can you see my table and chairs...totally covered with snow
013-31.jpg

my car totally covered
022-15.jpg

No plow came down the street yet
026-16.jpg

The wind is still blowing ........anyone else have any pictures?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
HOLY COW!! Now that is a alot of snow!!! I would s#@t my pants!!! I don't know how your guys do it, you score big points in my book! I thought 6 days of non stop rain was worth complaining about!

It is very very pretty though!!! Your yard is gorgeous!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Man, that's amazing! And beautiful...we haven't even had an inch yet...Just lots of rain, Bob's pen is flooded...

So Terry, are you just stuck in the house for days?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No, Im not stuck...one son lives just around the block and he'll come over to help shovel, and another one lives just a few blocks away, and my youngest is home from college, so later when the wind stops, and the plow comes down the street, we'll all go out and shovel. They boys will walk over. The plow is the worst thing, as it may clean the street for the cars to come down, but then it pushes all the snow up against the cars, and you have to dig them out. That's why I put mine on the driveway. My husband isn't well, so he can't do much...really nothing..so we are lucky to have the boys living close by, and we have lots of stores that are near and we can walk to if we want.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Same story here, planned on being at parents' place this week like I was last week since all my friends are home from college as well but had to come into the city to work on Sunday, and will probably be here another night. LIRR service suspended until further notice...good thing I have my apartment here!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
pdrobber said:
Same story here, planned on being at parents' place this week like I was last week since all my friends are home from college as well but had to come into the city to work on Sunday, and will probably be here another night. LIRR service suspended until further notice...good thing I have my apartment here!

Ahh...Manhattan. I love it. I'm just a ferry ride away.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Beautiful pics Terry. Sort of puts things into perspective when I'm upset because its just a few degrees too cool to put my torts out for sun...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You were pretty brave to open the door with all that snow piled up against it. What if it had all fallen into the house! :D

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Growing up we had snow like that. I've moved two hours south and you'd be amazed the difference it makes. We hardly get any snow down here.

I don't miss those days though. I HATED having to shovel our big long driveway at the crack of dawn just because I was the first one leaving the house. The snowplows are awful too. One year we had so much snow that the banks that the snowplows made were tall enough that you could be looking out your window and not see a school bus parked out front. Not even a joke or an exaggeration.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
let it snow , let it snow, let it snow. (as long as it is not in caluifornia)

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I just came in from shoveling that god awful white stuff.Bad enough my driveway is pretty big, then I had to shovel an extra 10ft to get out to the 1 pass the idiot plow driver made.

Snow drifts up over the cars, ughhhh...Only 3 months to go.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have a question for all of you who shovel snow? why not get a snow blower? I read somewhere that more men are killed by heart attacks while shoveling snow, I would not risk it myself.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I have 2 snow blowers but don't bother.They're a pain in deep snow,and going down the sides of cars without scratching them.Not to mention when the winds howl'n the snow blows all over.

I figured when I had kids my shoveling days would be over.3 girls, and not 1 of them knows what a shovel is...times sure have changed since I was a kid.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
That is a lot of snow! We have had a lot since last month but not in one shot. Is that the snow acumulation of one snow fall? If yes... Wow that is a lot!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Isa...It started snowing yesterday morning at 10 and stopped sometime this afternoon.....22 inches later..Yikes!! the wind is still blowing like crazy here, and we only could shovel the walkways, and half of my car in the driveway. Everyone's cheeks were "beet red" when we came in. And the plow still hasn't come down the street, and when they do come down, they plow all the snow in front of your car and you have to shovel it out all over again. If it snows again, we'll have snow on our property until Easter! I just worry about my boxie's out there under three feet of snow.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
That's GREAT! If it's gonna snow, I say let 'er rip! None of this powder thick enough to cover the lawn...that's just plain nonsense! Then the sun comes out and it magically disappears!;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
That is a lot!! Even us did not get that much snow this year. Is it like that every year?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Terry I can't believe these pictures. How do you guys live in that? I would go nuts. I love to look at snow but that's as far as it goes. I'm spoiled by California weather. :) Your poor little doggies. My husband couldn't believe that you have turtles under all of that snow. :) I went to Colorado once and I thought that was bad but now that I look at this that was nothing. ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Last Feb. we got 20 in. too. There is sun in my back yard all day, but in the front we only get sun in the morning. So the snow never melts in the front. Last year it finally went away at Easter time. Every 5 minutes my dogs are scratching at the door, so now I had to put some wee wee pads right next to the yard door. Tomorrow I'll try to shovel a spot for them in the yard.
Could you belive that's my turtle garden? Poor babies.
046-6.jpg

That's a path going up the block
039-10.jpg

we only got to shovel half of my car....it was too windy and we were freezing
049-5.jpg

One of my sons
035-11.jpg

my front door
056-4.jpg

038-12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.