<sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Did he say 3 inches? And it's how old? Kim, is this too much for you?

Kim, can you email this person and give him care sheets to give its new owner?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to tell from the picture, but my impression of the baby is that he is very thin and that his is quite sick.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:
Hard to tell from the picture, but my impression of the baby is that he is very thin and that his is quite sick.

Uh oh....

Kim, you really should not look at such things when you're trying to take a break from such things. :p

Of course, if you want to get it, let me know. There's actually someone on the forum that posted a couple days ago looking for a baby sully. We can track them down if you are interested. No pressure. Just saying...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This one really doesn't look too bad to me. Its a good size enclosure, he's got a water bowl, good lighting and a heat source... The pic is not great, but the tortoise appears to be relatively smooth and looks a little dry or dusty, but otherwise okay to me. Sure I'd like to see a humid hide and hear about daily soaks and a large outdoor enclosure, but this one is actually pretty good in comparison to what we usually see. Unless he comes back and says the tortoise is 8 years old... :) Smile ladies. The standard of care seen here on our forum is not the norm out in the rest of the world, but it isn't ALL bad.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Kim, I know you want to save every tortoise, but Tom is right, this tortoise is getting sub-optimum care, but it really doesn't look that bad. Has anyone emailed for more info yet? If it turns out that the tortoise is tiny for its age maybe we should rescue it, but if it isn't I think we should just refer them to this forum and some good care sheets.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
RE: <sigh>

I didn't email. I REALLY need to be taking a break! I thought for $100 with the tank and lights is a really good deal though....if someone OTHER THAN ME (Lol) were looking for one in the area. :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Kim...........i did see this the other day and was hoping you didnt...my hands are full. I didnt think he was too bad off yet..he is small. Someone will pick him up...quit looking on CL.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
RE: <sigh>

Geez guys! OK OK! No more CL for me until after the new year! Still a great deal for $100 though!

Status
Not open for further replies.