Sick Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Ive been dealing with it since Feb.. Right after loosing my cat.. It never seems to end..sigh...
He would rally and feel better, start eating, then go off food again.. thats where we are yet again, and I cant get him eating, he looks awful.. he is 26, the Vet suspects Cancer.. so.. I have made the hard decision that comes when having animals....
I am letting him go today. Appt with the Vet at Noon...
I know its right, I KNOW its time..
There will be such an empty pasture later... A large Void...
ugh...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I've always thought losing a horse is as traumatic as losing a dog...I'm so sorry, but you ARE making the right decision.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I am so sorry that you have to go through this again with another animal. It is so hard to do. Our thoughts are with you and your horse Laura.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I always hate "playing God," but in the end you know that you have to make the hard decision for your horse's sake. I'm so sorry that your losing the corporeal body, however, no one can take away those wonderful memories!

M

Maggie Cummings

I am so sorry. Those decisions are never easy. But it had to be done. There are never any words to make it feel better, and I am at a loss of words for you...

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
It is an unselfish act to not let the animals we love so dearly suffer. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.