should I? shouldn't I? (let the tortoise roam the house)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I do same as Gillian I bath them first so less chance of them messing the floor which is wood flooring , once they are put back I just do a quick mop round as I would every day regardless if the torts have been out or not
Isn't it not enough that the poor creatures are "imprisoned" during those LONG, COLD, RAINY months? For this reason I take advantage of sunny Summer months, letting my tort roam around the CLEAN flat as it wishes whilst watching it.
After all this is NOT....MATHEMATICS where 1+1=2 and in no way can two persons each have a different point of view.

angie1980

uk
My happy torts

Attachments

• 1411076895868.jpg
    1411076895868.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 10

angie1980

uk
Bath time - obviously they get outside as much as possible but on colder days ( I'm in UK ) they are in & often enjoy some out of the table time indoors

Attachments

• 1411076976774.jpg
    1411076976774.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 5

angie1980

uk
Enjoying outside

Attachments

• 1411077122922.jpg
    1411077122922.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 6

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I suppose some heard a different tone in my last post than was my intention...lol..I tried first to request you to not do that...my point was this...there is no way that we can offer the same setting as the already perfect wild does...so if you find yourself making adjustments in the care you offer...then so be it...if you let the tort run the house then that is what you do...it is just a practice that is not the most desirable in some instances ...the most important thing in my opinion on the subject is to go over all of the space and assure you have tortoise proofed it...be sure you have warming stations about that space that the tortoise can readily access ....there is no perfect or exact or only one way to host a tortoise....they are pretty resilient creatures...

angie1980

uk
Yes it's not like they roam about all day all over the house , if they haven't been outside at all one day due to the weather then I usually just let them have a a walk about the dinning room after their bath for a little bit and always supervised I wouldn't let them get into any harm but suppose everyone has different opinions & different situations I'm sure everyone looks after there beloved pets as best as possible & as they see fit , each to there own hey

angie1980

uk
I have had them ten year's & it's just what they are use to , when they go into a corner & stay put I know it's time to put them back in the table & like I say I always supervise them I could sit & watch them all day lol they fascinate me

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Chaseswife
You quoted me and had a comment you would help me a bunch if you quoted the same comment here !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum