Should I be worried ?

ileoyu

There's this white thing on the corner of my RT's eye. Only on one side not the other. Could someone please identify what that is to me and how could I possibly fix it ? I use mvb for his lighting. Thanks.

1455983414326.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Not sure I see what you mean. Is it just goopy in the corner? I would just rinse with water and keep an eye on it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, nothing to worry about. He's just a bit hot and maybe a bit too dry. Soak him and check the temperature in his habitat.

ileoyu

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep it in mind. I've soaked him this morning and he drank a ton. Most likely dehydrated a bit. He stays at his basking spot all the time, maybe that's the cause of it. I'll keep an eye out for sure. His cool side is about 70-80f, but he stays in basking spot all day.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
You might try to raise the ambient a little during the day. A night cool down into the 60s is good. He needs to be able to raise his body temp over 85 F to digest food. Sitting under the light all the time is Very drying.

ileoyu

You might try to raise the ambient a little during the day. A night cool down into the 60s is good. He needs to be able to raise his body temp over 85 F to digest food. Sitting under the light all the time is Very drying.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.