should i be using TNT supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I was just wondering if i should be using TNT for my torts. Morla is almost a year old and doing great, eating like a champ and gaining weight nicely. Artax is only 2 months old, still eating great and very active but just curious if i should be using this supplement for them.

thanks
jess

grogansilver

5 Year Member
jesst said:
I was just wondering if i should be using TNT for my torts. Morla is almost a year old and doing great, eating like a champ and gaining weight nicely. Artax is only 2 months old, still eating great and very active but just curious if i should be using this supplement for them.

thanks
jess
:tort:" Most definitely your tortoises will Boom in weight and thrive well with that TNT Powder stuff!! after a month you will see a difference!!! count on that! and make sure you get the probotics that they add in upon your request. :tort:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TNT is good, the tortoise block is another good option.

http://www.tortoisesupply.com/zoomed-tortoise-block/

I haven't used it long enough to see any changes in our tortoises behavior or growth rates, but they seem to really like the flavor of it. Sometimes when I get a little hungry I'll take a bite of it too...just kidding.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Neal said:

I haven't used it long enough to see any changes in our tortoises behavior or growth rates, but they seem to really like the flavor of it. Sometimes when I get a little hungry I'll take a bite of it too...just kidding.

I have the block in morlas enclosure and she hasnt touched it even tho she loves cactus. I think I will order the tnt next week

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Neal said:

I had never heard of this block Neal so I looked up your link. I found this statement funny in their write-up:

Replace the block after it has been completely consumed, or if the block becomes wet or soiled.

What??? I know I am weird this way with words.

Does sound like a good product.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
jesst said:
I have the block in morlas enclosure and she hasnt touched it even tho she loves cactus. I think I will order the tnt next week

Funny, mine never touched the TNT block...I guess every tortoise is different. But, either choice is great for your tortoise! I use a metal grater on the block and sprinkle it over the tortoises food on occasion.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You don't NEED the TNT, but I don't think it hurts anything either. I have not used it yet, but many people like it.

My tortoises all ignore the blocks...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Neal:

I think you have a different product in mind. TNT is a powder that you sprinkle over your tortoise's food. It consists of ground up plants and weeds.

Joy:

LOL!!! They want to be sure you buy the product again!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
emysemys said:
Neal:

I think you have a different product in mind. TNT is a powder that you sprinkle over your tortoise's food. It consists of ground up plants and weeds.

Joy:

I am, I was thinking of the TNT blocks, didn't realize it came in powder form. My mistake.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Neal:

Joy:

:tort: emysemys "yup" thats the stuff!!! the one from Carolina Pet supply! "thats the stuff I bought it and "man that stuff is incredible i sprinkle it all over on the Romain lettuce and my tortoise's.. "Pancakes and "Russians don't stop eating!!!! they are healthy and look like houses :) and when you talk about winter slow down among tortoises not on this stuff! :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.