She's home now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Got got my new buddy and took her home and feed her some Romaine but I really want to go to the grocery today and get some more food. She is a Greek whats the best things to get her at the grocery? I wanna vary it so some fruits would be good too.The picture I attached is of her eating last night for the first time in her new home.

Attachments

• eating.JPG
    eating.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 15

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would avoid things like romaine lettuce, and fruits personally. Romaine is fine for variety but you don't want only that as a staple. I have a russian which has a similiar diet to a greek, and here's a few things I feed mine.

Dandelion Greens (Chicory leaves)
Collard Greens
Mustard Greens
Turnip Greens
Organic Spring Mix (for variety)
Green and Red Leaf Lettuce

I also plant wild bird seed and add shoots and sprouts to the mix.

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Sorry, Larry, there are slow times on this forum. I'm shopping at the grocery for 3 young Hermann's and 2 young Leopards, and I'll tell you what I buy for them. I buy collards, mustard, turnip greens sometimes, and feed just that until it's gone or spoiled. Sometimes I pick up Arugula, or sunflower sprouts. I always keep carrots and Romaine in the fridge for my own salads, so sometimes I share those with the torts. I also keep babyfood squash and carrots (level 2, I think) on hand because there are times when I want easy and the torts want tasty. When I was feeding just one tort I went through the grocery store salad bar and picked the very best yummies for him, in tiny amounts. What you buy will depend a lot on your own grocery (yours might have other choices, such as chicory) and to what extent you are going to eat the greens yourself.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Wow thanks guys. I have made a list and will go to Publix tonight!!! :D

Edna said:
Sorry, Larry, there are slow times on this forum.

When I was feeding just one tort I went through the grocery store salad bar and picked the very best yummies for him, in tiny amounts. What you buy will depend a lot on your own grocery (yours might have other choices, such as chicory) and to what extent you are going to eat the greens yourself.

Yeah I know I was just getting impatient:rolleyes:

I just wanted to make sure because if I went to the stores produce section and got something that harmed her I would never forgive myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.