Shes finally eaten..

katfinlou

5 Year Member
So after the trauma of flashing me her 'boy bit' and me pulling on it thinking it was a terrible worm, the over zealous beak trim by the vet that declared her male and the egg laying incident, my Hermanns has finally eaten. It feels like for ever since i last saw her eat. Thankfully she's having a little nibble now. I hope this is the start of her appetite returning for good. It's no wonder she lost her appetite after all of the above bless her...

katfinlou

5 Year Member
All I have to do now is pick a name and settle with it. Ive never known a tortoise chance name and sex so many times in 5 short weeks!

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington state
This story has been so interesting!! I'm glad to hear she is eating!! You've had quite an interesting few weeks!!! How's the egg doing?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Im really not too sure if im honest. Im keeping it in an electric plant propagator with the che near it and im managing to maintain a steady 30°C. Checking every hour and through every night because im worried something will go wrong... Ive never incubated an egg before so ive no idea what's supposed to happen. It's so hard not to pin all my hopes on it hatching, it would just be so magical if it did :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Sooooo glad she's eating!!!:)
Fingers crossed for a new little hatchling soon!!!:)

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Oh yes!! She's definitely been through it and gosh what an introduction to the wonderful world of tortoises!! But, she has a full tummy for the first time in what seems like forever, she's all tucked up asleep for the night-even though im checking her every hour along with the egg temp-and she's looking a lot happier than she has for a long time. And so am I for that matter, it's amazing how quickly they steal your heart lol ☺️