Shell in bad shape.

spaceclown

5 Year Member
Here are some day 1 pics of my new Yellow Foot Tort. She came to me like this on the 14th of July. I have been treating her for Fungus and Shell Rot. I think she might have some MBD as well so I have her on a high Calcium and D3 diet. including a multi vitamin.1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

spaceclown

5 Year Member
Here are day 6 pics July 20th. I scrubbed here with Chlorhexidine and treated her with Betadine Solution once a day for the first two days. After that every other day I've used Lamisil cream on her shell. She's currently having stomach bacteria problems which the plan is to force feed here Oikos greek yogurt to help. I find the yogurt works really well in helping to rebuild her normal stomach bacteria. She is still moving slow and tends to sleep a lot. Everyday she gets a little better though. I am concerned about being able to lightly see her spine through the top of the shell. I think this will go away once the MBD is reversed and she is eating normally. I welcome any advice or help nursing her back to health. Thanks..IMG_5058.JPG IMG_5060.JPG IMG_5061.JPG IMG_5062.JPG

spaceclown

5 Year Member
I was told by the place I bought her she is wild caught. I think she has the start of MBD because of the shape of her shell and seeing her spine through the top of her shell.

spaceclown

5 Year Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here are some Day 11 pics. Almost all the fungus is gone and her shell just needs to regrow. I again scrubbed her with Chlorxidine. I did start her on SilvaSord cream to kill the rest of the bacteria. I'm still concerned about her stomach. I'm feeding her right with lots of calcium and a multivitamin. It's a slow process.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Thanks for posting.
I am so sorry that you and the tortoise are having to go through this and that it is possible for a dealer to send a tortoise in this condition.
It's horrifying.
At least your posts can be of use to others regards who not to buy from and how to deal with the problem.
So glad you kept her and she seems to be getting better.