shell at 7 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal,Quebec
Hello!
I wanted to know what a healthy shell is like at 7 months old for a hermanns tortoise. including the plastron. at a young age is it normal to be a little rigid on the plastron?
I also feed him a little greens and hay ever day,(the grass hay is a substrate) so is this too much? he always seems to want to eat,,and gobbles everything up. when's it too much??
He has adequate UVB and heat,and I sprinkle vitamins and calcium on his food rotating them every other day. And I soak him every 2nd day for 20 minutes. thanks,

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I tried to look at the pic by your name...but not able to see the tort close enough...lol....can you provide a pic of the shell for us to see? :D

mshine1217

5 Year Member
Deer Lodge, MT
What a cutie. He/She looks great. I checked out your other thread for photos. I have two 10 month old Hermanns and they have been such a pleasure to have. I'll have to take some more current photos to post. Enjoy your new friend.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
Thank you! They really are adorable,everyone I know that see's him wants one,,LOL!~

His plastron seems to have the crease in the middle a little prominent..I don't have a pic of it,,I will go try to take one now :)

IMG_6037.jpg

had to put this in,he's so cute!!
IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

nanni

5 Year Member
So cute!! I am not at all an expert, but Mr. Bubbles (my "hermann" - about 8 months old, looks about the same with this crease there too). I do know that I made a big mistake with the hydration and I did not know that they baby ones need so much hydration, so I am actually not sure, if my one looks really healthy to an expert.
All in all not a helpful answer, sorry. But I am really fairly certain its ok.
And wanted to compliment you on your cute little tort.
:rolleyes:
N.

Status
Not open for further replies.