Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
My 2 new rescue Russians are shedding like crazy!! I know these guys do shed, but does it usually have such a drastic color change like on his leg?(shown) I have them in deep ecoearth, Humidity is between 40 and 60 when I look at it.
Any thoughts? Or are these guys finally getting 'normal'?

And yes I had the beak done already, but I know it needs more!! He's just so hard to do. Plus it was horrific before, so this looks alot better!

11ahok1.jpg

1448ox1.jpg

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
Have you thought that it might be a vitamin deficiency?
You did say they were rescues, maybe their diet was all wrong, If they were fed on just lettuce and tomatoes as most people think its what they eat, this could be cause for the lack of everything really,:(

You can help the beak file itself down by putting a cuttle fish in with them, It has 2 purposes
1. files beak
2. its calcuim
Mine love it..

Its a difficult one because if you take them to the vets, alot of them will just give a vit jab anyway, even if the tort is dying from breathing problems,:rolleyes:

But i will leave the the diagnosis to some one that knows more than i.
Good luck :)

M

Maggie Cummings

It is probably related to a lousy diet. But even tho they are Russians I would soak them daily for a while and make sure they are both rehydrated.
It takes a few filings to get the beak back to normal so continue to file on it regularly and soon he will be beautiful again!

Status
Not open for further replies.