sheading skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

radhika

5 Year Member
hello,
i am radhika and i am having and indian star and her name is kale. she is with me from last 7 months and i found her on the road side. she was very week and had worms but now she is sheading her shin ragularly from last 5 months and i think it is a skin infection most probable fungal.
plz help me in curing her and making her alright.

radhika

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Radhika:

Welcome to the forum!!

Wow! What a lucky find. Wish I could be so lucky to find that kind of tortoise alongside the road.

Tortoises' skin does shed a bit. It looks like flakes peeling up. Don't pick at them. If its not red and raw underneath, it is probably normal shedding.

Tell us a bit about how you care for this tortoise.

radhika

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Radhika:

Welcome to the forum!!

Wow! What a lucky find. Wish I could be so lucky to find that kind of tortoise alongside the road.

Tortoises' skin does shed a bit. It looks like flakes peeling up. Don't pick at them. If its not red and raw underneath, it is probably normal shedding.

Tell us a bit about how you care for this tortoise.

it is so and that is y i am worried so much. on her shell i can see some white deposites.

i use to feed her ones in a day that to in morning. feed like: hibescus leaves and flowers, bougainvillea leaves, moringa oleifera lam(drumstich) leaves, pumpkin and grass of various types.
in cold weather i use heat bulb. but the bigest problem is during this season(rain) i am not able to provide her sunlight.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If the tortoise has to be indoors because of the weather, you have to have a light on her so she can warm up. Of course, it would be good if you can find a store that sells the UVB light, but if you can't find that then a regular incandescent bulb will do as a temporary measure until the sun shines again.

Here's the kind of bulb for indoors:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ8wIwAg#

radhika

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
If the tortoise has to be indoors because of the weather, you have to have a light on her so she can warm up. Of course, it would be good if you can find a store that sells the UVB light, but if you can't find that then a regular incandescent bulb will do as a temporary measure until the sun shines again.

Here's the kind of bulb for indoors:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ8wIwAg#

thank you i tryed for uvb light but i dint got. i even ordered it but its a month i dint got that. well i will try for that but do u have some idea about the fungal infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.