Share Your Best Turtle/Tortoise Close-Up Shots!!

Tort Love

He is a Greek. A Testudo Graeca Graeca that we have owned since 1970. He was undoubtedly wild caught so we have no idea how old he is... probably 50ish. He lives outdoors all summer, every summer in the UK and has done since the start (probably more by luck than good judgement in the early years); we hibernate him each winter.
He is beautiful how do you hibernate him in the winter I'm worried my two big ones have been out during the summer but in the winter I'm going to have to bring them back in but boy do they poop LOL

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
One of my cakes shell.
When I show my “new" non-tortoise friends the patterns of my 'cakes and they comment how beautiful they are, I typically say, “Hence one of the reasons they are threatened and endangered." Simplistic? Yes. Get the point across? Yes. It helps the uninitiated to understand and start considering the impact we have on this here water planet.
And beautiful carapace!

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
When I show my “new" non-tortoise friends the patterns of my 'cakes and they comment how beautiful they are, I typically say, “Hence one of the reasons they are threatened and endangered." Simplistic? Yes. Get the point across? Yes. It helps the uninitiated to understand and start considering the impact we have on this here water planet.
And beautiful carapace!
Thanks and yeah they are facing all sorts of issues with endangerment, but I don't think exportation is the main one, despite being very beautiful there really are not that many in the market and a lot of states have laws against owning them and finding one in Europe is near impossible.