Sexing tortoise

Squirt16

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi there, saw many threads of how to sex a tortoise but I'm slightly confused and I don't feel intelligent enough to
Make an educated guess so could you please help me, squirt is about 1 years old 7.5 cm and 80 grams Thank you in advance

image.jpeg

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
males have a concave plastron. Some males have very pronounced concave plastron. Female will have a flat plastron or have very little concave. So when he gets older you'll have a better idea.

Also the tail plays a roll in determining sex but i don't know much about the tail and cloaca..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The problem is that they all look female until they get nearer to their mature size. I agree with Yvonne, there's a hint of male in the tail shape, but that could change

Squirt16

London
Sort of leaning towards male, but it might change as he gets bigger. The tail is long and the cloaca is in the shape of a slit, both male features.
Thank you very much for the hints :)

Squirt16

London
The problem is that they all look female until they get nearer to their mature size. I agree with Yvonne, there's a hint of male in the tail shape, but that could change
I had a feeling squirt was a male :)