Sex My Baby Sulcata for Me Please Danny!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
My baby Sulcata is only 3 months old and I know its almost impossible to guess their sex at that age but Im just wondering what your opinion might be.
055.JPG

056.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Way too young, but heading towards male at this point...try again in about 6 months to a year!

M

Maggie Cummings

He is cute as hell but even Danny couldn't sex him correctly for 5 or 6 more years. He needs to be a bunch bigger, why not just think of him as him because female Sulcata are very rare to come across...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Like people have said definately to young to be positive, but it's looking like a female to me. :D

Danny

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I ignore tails at that size. It's the seam between the anal scute and femoral scute. From the center line of the plastron the seam is straight than takes a dip down than straight. This is what females tend to look like. Males are usually a straight line with no dip.

Danny

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Ohhh very interesting!!! Thank you for the lesson!! You are kind of making me excited if its a girl because they are hard to come across but right now I guess I'll keep him with his boy name chevy but if it turns out to be a girl its either Porsche or Audi!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
egyptiandan said:
I ignore tails at that size. It's the seam between the anal scute and femoral scute. From the center line of the plastron the seam is straight than takes a dip down than straight. This is what females tend to look like. Males are usually a straight line with no dip.

Danny

I love these little gems! Why don't you do this more often?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
egyptiandan said:

Danny

I love these little gems! Why don't you do this more often?

All right everybody...line forms to the right!:D

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Right on Egyptiandan. Also, sometimes at a real young age males will carry their tails to the side much like adults

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I will do this more often :D Hopefully the line won't get to long :p

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.