10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh, what a strong chin and noble demeanor Scooter has. ;)

Do you notice distinct personality differences among your three big sullies? How do they interact with each other? Does one of them hog the games? :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stephanie Logan said:
Oh, what a strong chin and noble demeanor Scooter has. ;)

Do you notice distinct personality differences among your three big sullies? How do they interact with each other? Does one of them hog the games? :p

Very distinct personality differences. Scooter is always underfoot and into whatever I'm doing in the pen. If I'm in there raking, I'll have to move him to the other side of the pen several times to keep him out of the way. Bert, by comparison, is also interested, but not so pesky. Delores will always come up to whoever is in or near the pen, but she'll usually be following the other two. Scooter is also much more active. He's always the first one out of the den box in the morning and the last one in at night. He seems to do laps around the pen, inspecting every square inch. It is possible to fill up the other two, but Scooter always seems to find more room and appetite. He also drinks more during soaks. He also tends to hold his head higher and out more. This just makes for better pics. Poor Bert grew up in his shadow and has just recently come into his own. I like Bert's color better, but Scooter wins the prize for demeanor and personality.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just love that first picture. Can you imagine what it would feel like to have skin like that? UGH!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He's awesome!! What a handsome guy. And I love how you described all of their personalities.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Oh my goodness what an awesome looking tort! Thanks for sharing :)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
1st picture had me looking at it for a good minute.
lovely torts, roachman. Do they let you scratch their heads?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dreadyA said:
1st picture had me looking at it for a good minute.
lovely torts, roachman. Do they let you scratch their heads?

Scooter tolerates it. Bert will let me if I sit with him for just a minute and Delores would prefer to be left alone, unless there is food involved. Then she'll come running right up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.