Safest way to send money for tortoises?

eec0354

5 Year Member
Looking into purchasing some tortoises online and I was curious what is the safest way to send money? Paypal? A different app?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Who are you buying from? It may be someone we can confirm is reliable. Also check out vendor reviews to see if they are listed there
As for sending money, I would use a credit card if possible. If not, then paypal is probably your next safest way.
Be sure to do your research first. We have seen a lot of scammers mentioned on this forum. Luckily I don't think we have ever had any members actually be scammers, but members asking about different places
If it sounds to good to be true, price wise, it most likely is. Also if they sell too many different species and are not that takes credit cards I would be cautious.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If you do use Paypal, keep in mind that some sellers will ask that you use 'friends & families' so they don't have to pay fees. This also means you can not dispute the transaction if theres a problem.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Many Many scammers out there. Be very careful

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Looking into purchasing some tortoises online and I was curious what is the safest way to send money? Paypal? A different app?
What type of tortoises?
Many of our members sell their own correctly started babies. Buying from a trusted member can help make sure you're safe.