Russian won't eat

Big Mac

My Russian tortoise will only eat every other day to every 3 days his basking spot is at around 95 degrees his cool end is 73 degrees I soak him once a week he's kept In a 55 gallon Rubbermaid on cocoa fiber and wood chips (a safe wood) he has a uvb bulb and is offered spring mix without spinache every day help he has also only pooped once in about 3 weeks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If this is an adult, a bigger enclosure is needed. Russians naturally, in the wild, covers a big area. As for the eating, mine has slowed down with his eating for about a week or so. He does it about twice a year. If he's not eating, he won't have much to poop out. Keep him hydrated and keep offering food and keep an eye on him but it could just be that find of year, like with mine, that they just don't eat a lot.

Big Mac

If this is an adult, a bigger enclosure is needed. Russians naturally, in the wild, covers a big area. As for the eating, mine has slowed down with his eating for about a week or so. He does it about twice a year. If he's not eating, he won't have much to poop out. Keep him hydrated and keep offering food and keep an eye on him but it could just be that find of year, like with mine, that they just don't eat a lot.
Ya it's not his permanent enclosure don't worry a tortoise table will be done in about 2 days

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ya it's not his permanent enclosure don't worry a tortoise table will be done in about 2 days
Be sure fo give some humdiity, like a humid hide. Also, he will probably be out of sorts when you place him in his new enclosure, so be prepared for that too.

Big Mac

Be sure fo give some humdiity, like a humid hide. Also, he will probably be out of sorts when you place him in his new enclosure, so be prepared for that too.
Thanks I'll boost the humid in his hide the tortoise table is huge it's 8 feet by 10 feet is that too big

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What ape of UV bulb are you using?

He need more and better foods than just spring mix. They need broadleaf weeds and leaves.