Russian Tortoises plant diet

Boggy

So my 1 year old russian tortoise named boggy was living in a 2x4 foot enclosure, and i was like NO, this is unacceptable. So my dad and I build a 4x10 foot enclosure outside so on sunny days instead of watching him for 30 mins, we can let him roam in there for hours and not have to worry and he'll have lots of fun!

So its almost done and I need help. I wana plant some plants for Boggy before we put chicken wire on the top of the enclosure. I want to plat, plants that are living and growing and he can take a bite out even when im not home.

Any suggestions?

Boggy

So my 1 year old russian tortoise named boggy was living in a 2x4 foot enclosure, and i was like NO, this is unacceptable. So my dad and I build a 4x10 foot enclosure outside so on sunny days instead of watching him for 30 mins, we can let him roam in there for hours and not have to worry and he'll have lots of fun!

So any ideas on what I should build for him to have fun.

Like Mountains, Overhangs, Climbing stuff, Digging areas, like anything that my little buddy will enjoy.

Thanks

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
if you have a little bit of extra money to spend tolrtoise supply sells a russian tortoise seed mix it grows fast and produces a lot of food seed nix full good stuff for them to eat you might want to check it out

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
you can also buy seeds from carolinapetsupply.com.

Tortoisesupply.com has a mediterranean seed mixture that sprouts quite soon after planting, and the Russian tortoises love it.

The list of plants johnsonnboswell gave you is a good list. You can also read the Russian tortoise care sheet and plant some of the types of foods for Russians the sheet lists.