Russian needs a home in San Diego

funkycowsd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Hi all, it deeply saddens me that a move has forced our dear old friend onto the patio. We adopted him from craigslist and at the time he had a big yard to himself. I've been scouring the resources looking for patio enclosure ideas but I feel he would be miserable. He was most definitely wild caught/pet trade and had a rough go with healed shell rot. I am concerned it might be returning and he was burrowed/hibernating? and had to be dug up when we moved. He is in need of some care, but he is a feisty guy and we want him somewhere he can roam, eat well, and be cared for by keepers more knowledgeable than ourselves.

2yz0xur.jpg

az701x.jpg

2yp1bf5.jpg

I would love to take him! The only thing is I live in Hawaii :(. Unless your willing to ship I'm not sure I'll be able go get him.

No,
It is legall. I have had stuff shipped here before. You just need a permit. You just can't have snake,Iguanas, and few other turtles. But not Russians they are very legal here.

funkycowsd

5 Year Member
San Diego
Since he is waking up from hibernating outside, we aren't sure about his condition or if he's healthy enough to travel, so we'd prefer to keep it as local as possible. :/

turtlegirl13

Is it for sure a male? I am looking for a female Russian tortoise to be a companion to my other female Russian tortoise. I am not ready to breed them haha :) I am in CO though...

pdelpizzo

10 Year Member!
Broward County
I recommend the san diego tortoise society. They will take good care of him and find him a good home.

Patrick Del Pizzo
Cooper City, FL

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
If you have not found him a home, I have an approx 15X20 enclosure with 2 other russians mot sure if they are M/F and would welcome yours to our home.

funkycowsd said:
Hi all, it deeply saddens me that a move has forced our dear old friend onto the patio. We adopted him from craigslist and at the time he had a big yard to himself. I've been scouring the resources looking for patio enclosure ideas but I feel he would be miserable. He was most definitely wild caught/pet trade and had a rough go with healed shell rot. I am concerned it might be returning and he was burrowed/hibernating? and had to be dug up when we moved. He is in need of some care, but he is a feisty guy and we want him somewhere he can roam, eat well, and be cared for by keepers more knowledgeable than ourselves.

2yz0xur.jpg

az701x.jpg

2yp1bf5.jpg