Russian has not eaten in a while and having trouble with eye.

Yevo

Location (City and/or State)
Evergreen, Colorado
I have a 6 year old Russian (We think) and he has not eaten any food for three days. Is this normal during brumation or should he be eating more? He also has had trouble opening his right eye, but every once in a while he opens it for a little bit but then closes it again. I am not sure if the two are related but please let me know.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I couldn't find any useful information in your other posts.
What type of lights are you using?
Are you brumating this tortoise?
Has he continued to drink water?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he is brumating, then he would not and should not be eating. However, if he is brumating, you would have had to prepare him and put him in a steady 45 or so degree area
So, if hasn't eaten in three days, then you have fed him and you can not let him brumate or he will die with the food he had rotting in his gut
So, make sure he has a 95-100 basking area with an incandescent flood bulb. A tube uvb light. A night temp no lower than 70 and day temp of 75-80. Also be sure to have it bright in the room he is in so it's like a nice sunny day in his enclosure.
soak him now in warm water and be sure to feed him daily and have a clay saucer of water available 24/7 and the saucer is big enough for him to fit into
if you are using a coil bulb turn it off and see if eye gets better. If your not using a coil bulb, be sure your other lights are not too close and that your not using a halogen bulb.