RES in need of rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Again... a LARGE fem RES is at the shelter and not getting proper care. It has shell damage and has been epoxied? to fix and is under treatment.
it is in a dry tank, with a tiny heat bulb 3 feet above, a med size tall bowl of water, and iceberg lettuce.
Do you see the problem???!
please... if someone can contact the shelter and take this poor thing in and re home...
916 782-7722. roseville calif near Sac.
laura birdsall or tiffany.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
if I post pictures... will someone fall in love and have to rescue her? :)
Im trying to educate.. but it seems to fall on deaf or too busy, ears...

ok, here are some pics...

she is basking now that we moved the light.. was very cold this morn.. you can see the bowl.. its smaller then she is and its not like she can climb into it.. the epoxy was applied by a vet.. I guess there were maggots inthe wound.. but it looks good. no odor. I dont know if they have on meds..
I printed out the generic care/diet sheet,, again.. any rescues??
the local one was not too helpful last time..

Attachments

• tortles 007.jpg
    tortles 007.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 52
  • tortles 006.jpg
    tortles 006.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 49

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I really hope someone see this and is able to rescue this poor thing :( good luck, it's so great you are trying to help this little one

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If it was closer to me, I would take her in an instant, I have a soft spot for RES,sad thing is they are treating her more like a box turtle than a water turtle

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am in the high desert area of california....darn it, I would take her but cant imagine how I would get her....I hope someone here on the forum that is within driving distance will have a heart and go get her....I cant believe they are giving her that crap to eat ...she cant eat properly without being in water????? they need to throw that towel and bowl out and fill up that tank at least half way for her to move around easily at least....I hope someone helps her :(

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I've never seen a water turtle being kept like that. So sad. It takes so little time to do a little research on their care.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
They want to keep her dry cuz of her wound.. That tank she is in, does not hold water, it leaks. I guess they can use a litter box somehow. She appears thinner then the last one. doesnt feel as heavy. I dont know how bad the wound was or is.
A sliced tomatoe and wilted iceberg.. so sad.. they need to stop taking in such animals if they cant care for them properly or care to do better by them. HOWEVER they DID consult a vet and he at least did that much for it.. They were going to Euthanize.
If she is ok to get wet... and no one offers up to rescue or come get her.. I will just take her home to my pond and cross my fingers.. The Animal Care person who i can work with better is in tomorrow.. I will see what she says..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
that's good news indeed

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
So good to hear that piece of good news! I can't believe with all the info out there people don't research about the animals they get or rescue. Its sooo sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.