Remi the Tortoise

mari

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Hello! I joined the site several days ago, so only a couple people know, but I did get a tortoise on the eighth. From what I could tell, Remi is a male. The moment we put him in his new enclosure he climbed on top of his hideaway, so I guess he's not too shy regarding climbing! He does not enjoy soaks currently, and he sleeps tucked into his shell. He still isn't a fan of going in his hideaway, but hopefully he'll realise how to use it soon, and realise it's not for him to climb on. He eats well and he's going potty like he should. Remi also enjoys burrowing. A little too much.The only concern I have about him is the fact that he has slight shell-curling. He already had it when I got him, unfortunately from a pet store, but he's a sociable and active tortoise, so I am not too concerned now that he's getting better care and it does not appear to affect him in any way aside from looks. Anyways, here is a picture of my new baby! Since there is no definite birth date, I've decided he's around three or four, and I'll decide on a birthday for him.

VJNICsU.jpg

mari

South Carolina
Also his enclosure has changed since the picture was taken! He now has a much easier way to get around and decide where he wants to be.

mari

South Carolina
Oh, and speak of the devil, he literally just went into his hide. He finally figured it out!

Mr Buster

Reno NV
They love to climb, use your imagination to create hurdles for him to climb over, I had step in mine that was too high for him to ever climb and he would spend like 20 minutes trying to get up there. Good exercise. Mine now spends hours under his mercury bulb soaking in the rays before crawling into his cave and borrowing in for the night. My Buster looks near identical to yours.

mari

South Carolina
They love to climb, use your imagination to create hurdles for him to climb over, I had step in mine that was too high for him to ever climb and he would spend like 20 minutes trying to get up there. Good exercise. Mine now spends hours under his mercury bulb soaking in the rays before crawling into his cave and borrowing in for the night. My Buster looks near identical to yours.
Buster sounds very cute! I'll definitely have to create some hurdles for him since he's so intent on doing just that.