Redfoot

R07x

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hey everyone, my names Rebecca. Me and my partner have recently got a redfooted tortoise called lucifer. We believe he is between 5-6 months to a year old.
We had noticed his shell looks different on one side as it looks like as if he has an extra bit of shell?
We are first time owners but have done alot of research but have had nothing to answer our question.
Is it an extra bit of shell? Is it normal? And is it something to worry about?
he seems completely find within himself and happy

Hoping this is the right place to put this haha thank you20210322_143230.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congrats on your tortoise. He or she has an extra scute. No health issues, just being a different looking tortoise.?

R07x

London
Brilliant, thank you both for commenting with some information. I appreciate it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My favorite kind of shell pattern - aberrant scutes! I love it.

Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Your new little tortoise is looking very dry. His shell doesn't have a nice luster to it. Make sure to read our care sheets so you can be sure to have him set up in the proper environment:

And this one is for those in northeast America, but it might also fit your weather pattern:

R07x

London
My favorite kind of shell pattern - aberrant scutes! I love it.

Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Your new little tortoise is looking very dry. His shell doesn't have a nice luster to it. Make sure to read our care sheets so you can be sure to have him set up in the proper environment:

And this one is for those in northeast America, but it might also fit your weather pattern:

Hello, thank you?, I will have to have a read through them, we've done alot of research but there's always so much conflicting advice, we've had him for less than a month, when we got him his always had a dryish shell & it is a little rough.