Redfoot behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
Well we have had jewel for all most 2 weeks and I am wondering if she is eating and drinking enough.... She does not seek out her own food or water she usually sleeping in her habitat, she will eat 2 spinach lefts after a soak and she drinks when she soaks... Also drinks in the am when I get her fresh water and set her in it. Am I doing anything wrong?

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I had to plop mine down in front of their food for the first 3-4 weeks, otherwise they'd still be hiding when the food arrived. I'm sure they would have eventually eaten, but seeing them eat put my mind at ease.

As for the water, I continually placed them inside their water dishes for the first few weeks as well, I figured this would provide them some memory for where water was located should they need it. I'm with Tyler, your tort is still settling in. You're doing nothing wrong.

tortuga_please

5 Year Member
As long as your temps are good they're probably just learning to adjust as mentioned above; no worries :-D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Im still learning things with Redfoots, but the two I just got are still settling in so I am just going with the flow. The male likes to sleep outside and the females likes it inside there house. I have to pull the female out and put her in front of the food so she will eat but once she is out she starts to explore.

I am pretty sure mine are wild caught so I think there will be some adjustment time to these new surroundings they are now forced to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.