: ( redecorating....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Apparently they wanted to redecorate today; no more aloe for this enclosure!

image-3205220727.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did! :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
I have stakes around the plants so they usually can only reach foliage/long pieces that extend through the stakes which increases the longevity of their plants buuuut today they bulldozed the aloe stakes and ripped it up from root then ate every last bite. This was just a small sucker off of the plant. They had a feast while I was working haha. If it weren't protected by the stakes it would have been lunch many moons ago!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's not just me then...

I have 3 varieties of plant in my garden: 1. edible, 2. trampled and 3. too big so ignored.

I go to the garden centre and try to get things that survive trampling, but time and again they get eaten to the ground.

This year's new favourite was Sedum 'Abbeydore'. I bought 5 plants. Two were demolished in an hour while I had lunch. I fenced the other 3, but the bulldozer pushed his way in and ate those too :(

I had some lovely anemones, but after being eaten to the ground 2 springs in succession, they gave up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Haha. Nothing is to big to be ignored by sulcatas. Mine are still trying to push over the mulberry trees. :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am suprised it lasted more than a few minutes. If I put something in the enclosure I want to keep in there I have to protect it other its gone.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
IMG_0385.jpg

...as you can see in this pic.... there is only ONE way to keep a tortoise out of the garden! I fully expect to add another layer in 2 years! I added the top layer this year when I say him climb up into my garden, and if he gets a small step up, he can climb in now... so I had to add the white picket fence. At least it keeps fresh dirt in my beds when I top them off!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Tom said:
Haha. Nothing is to big to be ignored by sulcatas. Mine are still trying to push over the mulberry trees. :)

That is a funny mental pic. Got any pics you could share?

Status
Not open for further replies.