Red Ear Sliders for Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have about 30 to 40 Hatchling to Adults Red Ear Sliders for Adoption from the Silicon Valley Turtle and Tortoise Club.

Email for details.

[email protected]

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If you know anybody who is headed south to Los angeles, I'd take a couple.

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Shelly said:
If you know anybody who is headed south to Los angeles, I'd take a couple.

The CTTC always has executive meetings at Pasadena in January, April, July, and October. If you are interested in April, I can send some down for pickup or I can connect you with one of our other chapters that are flooded with them currently as well.

Send me an email [email protected].

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
MONGO said:
The CTTC always has executive meetings at Pasadena in January, April, July, and October. If you are interested in April, I can send some down for pickup or I can connect you with one of our other chapters that are flooded with them currently as well.

I sent several emails to the SFV chapter people telling them that I would take a couple, and did not receive a single response. I don't know what the problem is, but I am not surprised they are unable to find homes for them with that kind of "customer service".
I will send you an email at that address. Thanks

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Adopted 3 Cooters and 2 Red Belly turtles today from a lady in the CTTC. Drove quite a distance to delivery them too. That was very nice of her, and I'm really happy with my new buddies. One of them is gigantic! The biggest I've seen!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well...where's our pictures?

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
Well...where's our pictures?

OK here you go, with my crappy $20 10 year old camera....

3turts.jpg

Top one is the big one I mentioned. Her shell is a foot long and she weighs 7 pounds!
Middle one is one of the smaller ones. Bottom one is "Tito" who I adopted a few months back and wrote about in this thread.... Tito the Turt.
As you can see, he has darkened up quite a bit....

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Candy said:
What else do they usually have for adoption?

Candy,

Sorry for the SFV not getting back to you. You may try another chapter near you. I know here in the Silicon Valley ( San Jose ), I get roughly about 30-50 emails daily on just people asking questions or looking for turtles and tortoises. Usually takes a day or two to get to some of the emails.

The turtles and tortoises we see come up for adoption through us here in the Bay area is 3-toed Box Turtles, Russians ( Males ), Sulcatas ( Males ), Red Ear Sliders and Desert Tortoises. We have had Elongated, Red Foots, Browns, Greeks, Hermans and other Box Turtles come up for adoption as well. We see all varieties of Maps, Painteds and other sliders as well. I have had about a dozen snappers including alligator snappers turned in as well.

Hope that answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.