Red eard Sliders for adoption/rescue

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I have lots of Red Ear Sliders for adoption in Hollister, CA. We are 1-1/2 hours south of San Francisco. We do not ship. We take in about 200 sliders a year and place into homes with ponds ( private backyard ponds). For more info, you can contact Kevin at [email protected] or www.tortoisehome.org

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
tffnytorts said:
Now if only I had a pond............

Lol... I will have to add that to the list . My hubby is going to ban me from this forum.

I hope you find them all homes. I admire you for rescuing and helping these turtles .

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
200 sliders to place in a year...wow that sounds like a lot.

P.s. I just noticed that you are the one running the CL ad I see in the IE section ;)

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I run several ads on Craiglist to not only promote the adoptions but to also promote our Facebook page. Yes... we have taken in over 200 in one year and right now average about 100 as we moved and many people don't want to travel to our new location. We have been referring them to other locations. We work with several pond builders, pond maintenance businesses and a couple pet stores to find homes. The pond businesses understand the needs and the requirements and so when they are putting together ponds, they ask the owners if they want a turtle or two. We make sure their yards are secure and educated before they get them. The local pet stores that we "recycle" through don't buy any and we place the smaller 4-6"
turtles with them. They know my restrictions so they put the future owners in touch with me and we go through the adoption process. So......it works pretty good.