Radishes? Cucumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Reason some sites say yes, some say no, some say just the greens, and some say nothing about them lol. Are radishes okay? The greens? And how about cucumber?

68merc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, CA
My Russians will not eat Radish but will eat the greens. They love cucumber and the plant.

bigsteaks

5 Year Member
Deptford NJ
Our russian male Tank loves a nice radish and the top greens a few times a week. We mostly feed him a variety of greens but he loves loves loves a nice red radish every couple of feedings. We usually split it in half for him but sometimes we just leave it whole and he loves the challenge of nibbling at it. He really enjoys whole brussel sprouts as well. We only feed him fresh greens and radishes never any frozen veggies!!!!!!

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Okay are they are for them to eat then (if he likes them) not jut the greens but the veggie too?

*safe for them to eat then?

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Radishes are okay, greens are better, but not the cucumber itself, that has no nutritional value.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Okay well he ate the radish leaves in a matter of seconds haha!!! The cucumber he picked at (read that it's okay to add sparingly for hydration purposes) and the radishes he has only sniffed at so far, but at least he's eating now. I have herd tortoises like spider plants?? I wanted to be sure those were okay too before i planted some and fed him any.

Status
Not open for further replies.