Radiated tortoise humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated Tortoise

5 Year Member
I have learnt that Radiated tortoise require a high humidity level...however i also heard that they originally come from a dry thorny region in Madagascar; where it is warm and dry. So should i keep it dry or humid? How humid?

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
I believe there's a dry season and a rainy season, it alternates. I always keep my humidity around 50%-70%.
What I did was I went to theweathernetwork.com, and searched for annual temperature ranges in one of those southwestern cities, and they have average humidity levels through out the year. Most of the times it's around 70%.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
While it's true that radiatas live in a dry, warm, area, they would be spending most of their time in humid microclimates. In captivity, since these settings can't really be duplicated, your best bet would be to keep them at high humidity (around 70%).

_20

concept right from amateur

hiya every person,
would like to tell you "hi there", hope to dedicate various attractive occasion with this in mind website :x
check into mine www:

_19

term from trainee

hey everyone,
would like to speak "howdy", wish to spend quite a few fine time frame around this online community ;)
visit into mine portal:

Status
Not open for further replies.