Raccoons

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
You don't even want to eat that board. I ate Raccoon at Sere training, It was HORRIBLE. Kill them and dispose....
I have a lot of woodsy type friends. I have eaten raccoon many times. It can be pretty good, but the preparation takes forever. I suppose anything can taste good if you spend 400 hours preparing it. One thing, though, is it will test the fortitude of the strongest of intestines.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
why spend hundreds of $$ on pest control guy to catch and release? they'll come back again.
We asian people can surely help you with your coon problems, and pay you well.

14207807878225201501082118279_46319.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
now I am curious to try Raccoon.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Aren't there some sort of glands that have to be removed?
I remember an old timer back home telling me about removing some gland or a raccoon would taste horrible.
Come to think of it, he didn't say that with it removed that it would NOT be horrible.......

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Aren't there some sort of glands that have to be removed?
I remember an old timer back home telling me about removing some gland or a raccoon would taste horrible.
Come to think of it, he didn't say that with it removed that it would NOT be horrible.......
It truly is all in the preparation. I have had it be terrible and really good. Every time it was good, the person who made it had a long, elaborate procedure for making it. However, even when it was good, it was rich and will take your stomach for a wild ride.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
my dogs kill squirrels , groundhogs , moles , mice , birds and rabbits , they will eat them if i don't get them away from them ... they've killed raccoons before and for some reason they don't eat them ?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Hmmmm I still want to try it

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
my dogs kill squirrels , groundhogs , moles , mice , birds and rabbits , they will eat them if i don't get them away from them ... they've killed raccoons before and for some reason they don't eat them ?
my dogs eat poop so I don't think they're a good judge on what tastes good

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
my dogs eat poop so I don't think they're a good judge on what tastes good
or raccoons taste worse than sh*t ? i have to think there are others on this board whose dogs kill raccoons ? does anybodies dogs eat them ? i did know a guy whose dog ate raw and would not touch bear meat

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
or raccoons taste worse than sh*t ? i have to think there are others on this board whose dogs kill raccoons ? does anybodies dogs eat them ? i did know a guy whose dog ate raw and would not touch bear meat
Oddly enough, I find bear meat and raccoon meat to be similar, both are kinda stringy and greasy.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Oddly enough, I find bear meat and raccoon meat to be similar, both are kinda stringy and greasy.
the guy was excited to get all the bear meat for free , until he found out his dog wouldn't touch it .... my advice to him was braise it , if the dog wouldn't eat it then , throw it out , i never heard if the dog ate it or not ... . squirrels are definitely my dogs favorite........