quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
This is a strange question. Let me apologize in advance for being so clueless but do Tortoises vomit? I took Papi out today and noticed what looked like vomit in his crate. He had eaten some hardboiled egg, strawberry and spinach. It looked as if he had been sick on the egg and berry. Is that even possible? I am stunned at how much I don't know. Papi is a yellow footed and a little guy (about the size of a small potato). Now that I , with all of your help, got his enclosure and temps correct...now this. Any suggestions???

Erin

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Erin,
It is very possible for a tortoise to vomit. It could have been what he ate. I would try not to mix all 3 of those together next time and not feeding spinach very often would be good too.

Danny

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks, Danny. With him being such a peanut I worry about doing all the right things...much like my children, I'm sure I'll screw up from time to time.

egyptiandan said:
Hi Erin,
It is very possible for a tortoise to vomit. It could have been what he ate. I would try not to mix all 3 of those together next time and not feeding spinach very often would be good too.

Danny

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all,

Starting to panic a bit since my tortoise has vomitted again. Very foamy, white stuff. He did have some banana earlier but he has never been sick from that before. Any suggestions?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
You need to get him to a vet as soon as you can. It could be any number of things, but bring a stool sample as it maybe a high parasite load thats done this. It could also be mouth, throat or stomach trouble also.

Danny

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks, I will. Should I restrict his food untill he sees the vet?

egyptiandan said:
You need to get him to a vet as soon as you can. It could be any number of things, but bring a stool sample as it maybe a high parasite load thats done this. It could also be mouth, throat or stomach trouble also.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.