Queenie outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

We actually had sunshine last Saturday so I put all my animals outside in the sun. I sat in the yard with Queenie and no matter how far away from her I sat, she came over to me and climbed on me. It was kinda cute and I thought you might enjoy seeing her and how pretty she is...

28hpde0.jpg

now she realizes I am not close to her
2mp0chf.jpg

so she hurries back to me
2znobd3.jpg

she climbs on my leg shyly
1zgb1fp.jpg

she tries to climb inside my Levi's
atu39f.jpg

and climbs into my lap
2pqtjbd.jpg

any other tortoise would have be walking around the yard like crazy, but she is shy and afraid and wanted to stay by me...How cute is that!!!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Absolutely Adorable, Maggie! Oh my gosh, lol, those pic's are adorable, lol. You should ask Robyn where she got her calendar made at, and turn those photos into a calendar, lol!

:cool: Thanx for the smile ~
Purpod

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice pictures Maggie :D
Queenie is so cute and so adorable. She must really loves you to come running after you, it is too cute that she feels secure with you :), ahh I love Hermanns :D

M

Maggie Cummings

She is my first Mediterranean tortoise and I just love her personality. Most of my experience is with Sulcata and Gopherus agassizii...both loud pushy species with 'big' personalities. Queenie is shy and bashful and funny and cute. She is now in her new tort table in Bob's shed so she has 6'x4' of room and substrate to mess in. She gets her face and the front of her carapace under the substrate then she pushes really hard with her back feet and runs a tunnel across the tort table. Zipppppp! Then when she hits a wall she pops her head up and looks surprised and puzzled that she's not burrowed under the dirt...she is a crack up and has me laughing out loud!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
Then when she hits a wall she pops her head up and looks surprised and puzzled that she's not burrowed under the dirt...she is a crack up and has me laughing out loud!

So cute, It must be really funny and really cute to see that :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Very sweet Maggie. Thanks for sharing :)

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
She gets her face and the front of her carapace under the substrate then she pushes really hard with her back feet and runs a tunnel across the tort table. Zipppppp! Then when she hits a wall she pops her head up and looks surprised and puzzled that she's not burrowed under the dirt

ROTF, Oh My Goodnes, Magg, you must have the most fun with her ~ I was really laughing out loud when I read the above noted quote! LOL. She sounds really full of personality ~

And just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the name Queenie?
Okie, have a great one, and again, love this thread, lol.

Blessings to you both,
:p Purpod

M

Maggie Cummings

I named her Queenie because she is so pretty and regal looking. She just looks like a queen...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Maggie :D I'm glad she's taken a shine to you :D

Danny

M

Maggie Cummings

Danny...I am glad you picked her for me. I am so much enjoying her special personality...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Maggie the pics of Queenie outside are wonderful I love when she tired to climb into your pantleg. I got such a kick out of the pic and your discription of her zipping across her table. I to was LOL. Something your stories seem to allow me to do. Thank you for sharing her with us. She is so beautiful I am glad your first Med. has such a great personality.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AWWWWWW Maggie !!!!!! I find it SO amazing she just wants to be on her momma's lap. She is really pretty looking, I definitely agree with the regal comment :)
Hahahaha i just love how she tried to get IN your jeans. I can definitely see her personality through the pics! Thanks so much for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.