Puppy Coming Soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
The pressure is more of the urinary form, rather then stool. Is she use to being in your room?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
They have the run of the house so she is used to every room. I think that she likes being in my bed room the best though.

Jacqui said:
The pressure is more of the urinary form, rather then stool. Is she use to being in your room?

HollyH8

5 Year Member
Arizona
AnthonyC said:
Okay just looked at a miniature dachshund giving birth on Youtube. Are you freakin' kidding me! There is no way in God's green Earth that I can do that! Don't they have canine midwives for this stuff! Listen, there's no no no way in hell I'm bursting any sac! OMG... It looked like a cross between a egg plant & a slug! Bleh!!! :(

It is nerve recking at the thought of birthing puppies. My Bella when she had her puppies did just what everyone has said. She hid in the laundry room and gave birth to a pup on my comforter..not pretty. We placed her in her whelping box and she continued there..thankfully we didn't need to help her with the birth but we watched it all just in case. Its truly an amazing thing to watch. Out of 5 puppies 4 made it..she had a cleft pallet and couldn't eat properly :'( You can do it! I think just about everyone has birthed their own puppies. Just watch her very closely and see if you notice any change in her behavior. Do you know how many puppies she will have? That's also helpful so you know when she is done. Also make sure the puppy starts nursing as soon as it's able to breathe..trust me she can handle doing both. I hope I helped a little! Everyone who's answered knows what they're talking about. :)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Thank you!!! :D:D

HollyH8 said:
AnthonyC said:
Okay just looked at a miniature dachshund giving birth on Youtube. Are you freakin' kidding me! There is no way in God's green Earth that I can do that! Don't they have canine midwives for this stuff! Listen, there's no no no way in hell I'm bursting any sac! OMG... It looked like a cross between a egg plant & a slug! Bleh!!! :(

It is nerve recking at the thought of birthing puppies. My Bella when she had her puppies did just what everyone has said. She hid in the laundry room and gave birth to a pup on my comforter..not pretty. We placed her in her whelping box and she continued there..thankfully we didn't need to help her with the birth but we watched it all just in case. Its truly an amazing thing to watch. Out of 5 puppies 4 made it..she had a cleft pallet and couldn't eat properly :'( You can do it! I think just about everyone has birthed their own puppies. Just watch her very closely and see if you notice any change in her behavior. Do you know how many puppies she will have? That's also helpful so you know when she is done. Also make sure the puppy starts nursing as soon as it's able to breathe..trust me she can handle doing both. I hope I helped a little! Everyone who's answered knows what they're talking about. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So did you breed her because you wanted a new puppy? What did you breed her to (color wise)?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I bred her b/c I was lonely and bored and when the light hits her a certain way she just looks so beautiful! Geez Jacqui could you have worded that anymore awkwardly!?! ;)
Actually I wanted a whole slew of puppies, but I'll be happy with just one. I will post a pic of the proud papa tonight... someone better remind me.

Jacqui said:
So did you breed her because you wanted a new puppy? What did you breed her to (color wise)?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
I bred her b/c I was lonely and bored and when the light hits her a certain way she just looks so beautiful! Geez Jacqui could you have worded that anymore awkwardly!?! ;)
Actually I wanted a whole slew of puppies, but I'll be happy with just one. I will post a pic of the proud papa tonight... someone better remind me.

Of course I could have. Instead I gave you the benefit of doubt that for once you might not take the question to the gutter with you. :rolleyes:

Ant, remember to post that picture of the stud you used tonight. :p :D There, your reminded.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
What would I do without you?? :)

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

Of course I could have. Instead I gave you the benefit of doubt that for once you might not take the question to the gutter with you. :rolleyes:

Ant, remember to post that picture of the stud you used tonight. :p :D There, your reminded.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:

May be laugh a little less and also use your gutter creativity just a tad less, too. :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I emphatically concur! :)
Simple way of saying that you're right... I just wanted to be fancy! ;)

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

May be laugh a little less and also use your gutter creativity just a tad less, too. :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Anthony, your killing me here!!! Good Luck!!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Bella has a vet appointment this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Our fingers crossed for what? That you don't faint dead away with just the Vet's talk??

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Jacqui, did you just volunteer to come to NY to deliver this slimy sucker?? :D

Jacqui said:
Our fingers crossed for what? That you don't faint dead away with just the Vet's talk??

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Jacqui, did you just volunteer to come to NY to deliver this slimy sucker?? :D

If you pay my way, I can be on the first plane.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Ya know... I honestly believe you! :)

It was a honest comment. :p A) I love being there when any animal is born. B) I would love to see NY from something other then a semi. C) I'd even like to spend a few hours with you... atleast I think we would be good for a couple of hours before we would start killing each other. :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hours?... pfft! I was thinking minutes! ;)
"I'd even like to spend a few hours with you"-- I bet you would... I bet YOU would! :p

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

It was a honest comment. :p A) I love being there when any animal is born. B) I would love to see NY from something other then a semi. C) I'd even like to spend a few hours with you... atleast I think we would be good for a couple of hours before we would start killing each other. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Hours?... pfft! I was thinking minutes! ;)
"I'd even like to spend a few hours with you"-- I bet you would... I bet YOU would! :p

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

I figure some of that time you will be passed out from seeing blood, embryonic fluids and such. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.