Problem with stuffed nose and today I saw a running eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbarricarte

5 Year Member
Hi
I have a small mediterranean greca, and the big male guy I asked about a while back.
The small one is not doing well, its not eating and has a running eye today. Also seems to be stuffed up.

I took it to be vet last week, and told me he does not want to jump into antibiotics because it is too small, and recommended some changes to the environment. But things are not working out.

Any suggestions?
Monica

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Monica:

Please give us a little more information. How do you have the tortoise set up? What do you feed? What is your substrate? What are the temperatures in the habitat?

mbarricarte

5 Year Member
They are outside during the day, they walk around in a garden that gets sun for about 7 hours during the day, sometimes I also move them to another location a little later during the day, for them to get another extra hour of sun or so.

At night I bring them inside my house. They are inside a box at night, inside my house. I hope its not confusing.

The old one walks up at night if it gets too hot, so I just leave it in the box with no extra heating. But the small one seems to need more temperature (thats what the vet told me) so at night now I am turning a heating rock on, until the morning. The animal is free to leave the box if it gets too hot, so it is not an enclosure, it has a door. So far the little one spends the whole night next to the rock.

It used to eat lettuce, the kind that has black leaves, some weeds from the garden, zucchini, strawberry, and pellets. Now its not eating but is acting normal otherwise, as far as walking and moving and trying to find sun light.

As far a temperature goes, here in San Luis Obispo is never really very hot, in the 70s I guess, but lately has been in the 50s. At night it can get colder, thats why I have been turning the rock on for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.