Pretty shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meggers

5 Year Member
Does any one who has a Russian tortoise ever look at other tortoise's shell and think " Wow I wish my tortoise's shell was like that!" not trying to be mean to Russian tortoises but their shell is a little plane compared to others. just want to know if it's just me.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Your tort looks older and may have lost it's luster, but if you've had him since he was a baby, then he will always look beautiful in your eyes. You could try to "shine up" his shell, or get another tort with an interesting design. Either way, I'm sure you'll love them.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I've seen some really beautiful Russians, there's one on the forum named Nelson, if I'm not mistaken, who is a real stunner.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
In my opinion every tort is beautiful in it's own way, (including my Russian) but my favorites are Star tortoise's. That shell stuns me every time! :)

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
sibi said:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Your tort looks older and may have lost it's luster, but if you've had him since he was a baby, then he will always look beautiful in your eyes. You could try to "shine up" his shell, or get another tort with an interesting design. Either way, I'm sure you'll love them.

What would you use to shine the shell? Mineral oil or something? I thought about this when looking at older tortoises, especially ones kept outside. Their shells often look really dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.