Pretty Cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
That's amazing! Do you have any others incubating? And have you incubated any others with this new method, or has it just been these two? Fascinating to hear of your experiences.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Anthony P said:
That's amazing! Do you have any others incubating? And have you incubated any others with this new method, or has it just been these two? Fascinating to hear of your experiences.

Yes and yes! These are the first to hatch using the new method.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Tim/Robin said:
I have previously warmed the eggs to 86F immediately after being laid. I continued this warming for 5 weeks. Then the eggs would be cooled to 60-70F for 8 weeks. Then they would go back in the incubator for the duration. This year, I cooled them immediatly after being laid to 60-70F for 5 weeks. Then they went to the incubator and started to develop. It seems that the key here is the cooling period. I basically cut the overall incubation time down by 5-6 weeks :).

Well done, you guys!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
theTurtleRoom said:
Tim/Robin said:
I have previously warmed the eggs to 86F immediately after being laid. I continued this warming for 5 weeks. Then the eggs would be cooled to 60-70F for 8 weeks. Then they would go back in the incubator for the duration. This year, I cooled them immediatly after being laid to 60-70F for 5 weeks. Then they went to the incubator and started to develop. It seems that the key here is the cooling period. I basically cut the overall incubation time down by 5-6 weeks :).

Well done, you guys!

I know, great news right!? I transferred this info right to my notebook. Hope that's ok Tim.

I mean, it's a pretty big development to learn that an entire 5 week phase of incubation can be eliminated completely. Very impressive.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That is the coolest thing ever!!!! So adorable!

luvpetz27 said:
That is the coolest thing ever!!!! So adorable!

I just saw the other pics of them . They are absolutly beautiful!
You are soooooo lucky! Enjoy them :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.