Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
StarSapphire22 said:
Thanks! Stormy's being hospitalized again, for more enemas, fluids, and another attempt at manual removal. If this fails, vet says surgery is our only other option, and it's dangerous. We'll also probably have to rebreak his hip. :(

:( :( :( :( :( Just so ya know I said the "f "word, as I read about the possible rebreaking of the hip. Poor little guy just does not seem to be catching any ummm breaks. :rolleyes: :D Sorry I could not resist that, even though it's not funny if he does have to have it done.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Jacqui said:
StarSapphire22 said:
Thanks! Stormy's being hospitalized again, for more enemas, fluids, and another attempt at manual removal. If this fails, vet says surgery is our only other option, and it's dangerous. We'll also probably have to rebreak his hip. :(

:( :( :( :( :( Just so ya know I said the "f "word, as I read about the possible rebreaking of the hip. Poor little guy just does not seem to be catching any ummm breaks. :rolleyes: :D Sorry I could not resist that, even though it's not funny if he does have to have it done.

Good one!!

You gotta joke. Trust me, as a veteran vet tech, you have to otherwise you will be too stressed and emotional.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
You know whats really good with yellow cake and chocolate frosting?

STRAWBERRIES!!!

Grabs a bowl full of strawberries and ice cream on the way past and then takes a plate to put the cake on. Did I say cake?? What I mean is after I sneak 2/3 of the cake part into Yvonne's bowl ('cuz under all that ice cream she will never see all the cake she has). That's if it's buttercream frosting. :D :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have yet to find any type of alcohol i like. I have had some microbrews before but they still have that nasty after taste that I just cant handle.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sulcata_Sandy said:
"Yes? Ewe called?"

I hope you said that rather sheepishly, because your not going to pull the wool over my eyes, when it comes to beer not being Ewwww!!

Sulcata_Sandy said:
What about beer and strawberries? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

The text size won't go any bigger...

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have done strawberries marinated in beer and then baked ontop of cakes.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
I have done strawberries marinated in beer and then baked ontop of cakes.

* face turns green and the stomach rolls*

Thalatte

5 Year Member
yeah they werent the best idea but I was experimenting with baking at the time. I ended up losing quite a few friends during that time...Some people just dont take well to being guinea pigs.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
...Some people just dont take well to being guinea pigs.

Or maybe they didn't enjoy the stomach pumping or the cost of antidiarrhea
meds.... :p :D jk

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Today was the chosen day to dig up the Russian herd and move them into their winter quarters. Needless to say, they were none to impressed. If we didn't get all the rain we do, I'd just leave them out. Their outdoor enclosure is large enough and overgrown enough, that after finding the first 5 in burrows I knew about, I spent another 45 mins. finding the last 3. They had dug themselves some very impressive holes! Shucks, I was proud of them a little.

I loaded them up in my carry tub, and as I took a picture of them all thick with dirt and crud, my phone died. They're all cleaned up now and settling into the new/old digs.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I got some vanilla ice cream to go with the cake.

We had Carrabba's for dinner and I had their shrimp fettucine. I'm sooo full now.

Anyone want to join in for ice cream and cake? Plenty to share!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
RosieRedfoot said:
I got some vanilla ice cream to go with the cake.

We had Carrabba's for dinner and I had their shrimp fettucine. I'm sooo full now.

Anyone want to join in for ice cream and cake? Plenty to share!

Only if there are strawberries marinated in beer. Seriously...that sounds tasty to me.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I lack strawberries but don't even know if we'll get to cake/ice cream for how full we still are. It's like a carb brick just sitting there!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The shrimp fettucine you had sounded good to me.

It was a nice day here with temps in the mid 60's. I did manage to find time to finish planting in the holes my son dug for me a week ago. :D I had the "help" of Mr Tubbs. He's a young fluffy tux kitten who has gone from wild to underfoot. I would reach to slide a handful of dirt around a plant and he would be part of each pile. I tried telling him I would just bury him alive along side of the roses I was planting, so he could be the fertilizer. For some reason, he didn't believe me and kept helping. :rolleyes: Tomorrow I need to get busy and dig the holes and plant the smaller plants I still have left to do. :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I had to do some work on one of our gutters today and all was going well, then Rodeo, one of our cats decided he needed to help me and climbed the ladder. He got offended when I told him I didn't need his help.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Cowboy_Ken said:
I had to do some work on one of our gutters today and all was going well, then Rodeo, one of our cats decided he needed to help me and climbed the ladder. He got offended when I told him I didn't need his help.

Teach him to fetch beer.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This morning before I took the two bigger dogs for their walk, I went and refilled the far catfood feeder. It's on the edge of the backyard tortoise zone and so you go past trees and things. When I stepped back into the house and started to reach for their leashes, I realized I had a maple leaf in my hair. I tried to have it float to the ground and it ended up landing on the big lab mix who was watching it. You should have heard him cry and act like I had thrown something hard or heavy on him. I mean, a leaf, really? :D

I always worry when a cat climbs up the ladder with me, that I will accidently step on them, then while trying to fix that problem, I will lose my balance and fall off the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.