Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
RosieRedfoot said:
The beer hating comment came from the page before where someone said Mosquitos like people who drink beer.

I read somewhere that an unhealthy person exhales more carbon dioxide than a healthy person and that mosquito's are attracted to carbon dioxide.

I read a great article about that yesterday, but now can't find it. This one shares some reasons. Until yesterday, I had not known that smelly feet attract them. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Well it was hot and I was sweating up a storm so I'm sure I smelled like sweaty feet. I've also heard taking b vitamins helps deter Mosquitos too.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I always thought that it was sweat that attracts mosquitos. And, if you're diabetic, your sweat smells sweeter than healthy people.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Another thing I found interesting, is they like type "O" blood the best.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, there you go. The majority of the world's population have type O blood.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:

Eek I didn't know universal donor =s mosquitoes too. I guess not all Os aren't universal donors though, just the O negatives like me. I can't give blood though due to my blood pressure meds.
I never heard anything about what attracts mosquitoes.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'm A+ and not diabetic, but still they love me. They love my dad and brother too so maybe I'm just genetically doomed. I know that usually growing up the first few bites of the season itched a ton and then I didn't really notice them but here every bite itches forever. Thanks histamines!

Really doesn't help that we're having a lot of rain and it's warm. Several places have put up "warning high mosquito levels" signs.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Eek I didn't know universal donor =s mosquitoes too. I guess not all Os aren't universal donors though, just the O negatives like me. I can't give blood though due to my blood pressure meds.

Omg Kerryann!! I forgot to tell you, when I was donating blood I told them about my new thyroid meds and they had to look it up but they did allow me to donate blood because they allow pig products but they do not allow anyone to donate if they take any medication that uses bovine by products. So if you have a medical alert bracelet I would add that you are allergic to pork products do they can run a Benadryl drip if you ever need a transfusion. I know that the kids always get Benadryl before an infusion so it might be something that they always do.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Omg Kerryann!! I forgot to tell you, when I was donating blood I told them about my new thyroid meds and they had to look it up but they did allow me to donate blood because they allow pig products but they do not allow anyone to donate if they take any medication that uses bovine by products. So if you have a medical alert bracelet I would add that you are allergic to pork products do they can run a Benadryl drip if you ever need a transfusion. I know that the kids always get Benadryl before an infusion so it might be something that they always do.

Eek that's good to know. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Wait a minute! None kosher blood? What's the world coming to?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Wait a minute! None kosher blood? What's the world coming to?

Muslims and Jews everywhere are weirding out

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
They probably flip out as I show that my Coors beer is kosher while taking a bite out of a bacon/cheeseburger violating two laws at once.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's why I don't do blood. Besides, my sister got a weird male European disease by having a blood transfusion almost 40 years ago.

Cowboy, those laws only apply to Jews and Muslims. You're neither :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Lol. A weird male disease as apposed to a cool male disease.

Odd thing though, my staple food stuffs seem to be kosher. Oi vey.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi said:
That's why I don't do blood. Besides, my sister got a weird male European disease by having a blood transfusion almost 40 years ago.

Cowboy, those laws only apply to Jews and Muslims. You're neither :p

After my heart problem i was in the hospital
Every other weekend or more getting blood transfusions. I learned some important things. If they can't get Big vein ask for an anesthesiologist because a transfusion into the Hand But if they won't do that oxy makes you not care. You may or may not puke on yourself think it's funny and be laughing while you strip down I'm front of your doctors. Good times : P

Cowboy_Ken said:

More than most people think actually is kosher. Most beer is ;)
Oh I'm so excited, i have an intern prospect coming in tomorrow.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann said:
Just for fun, every now and then call your intern, “Monica"! Wait…that might be harassment, but it would be fun just the same.

It would be funnier cuz he's a man ;)
I'm doing it... Sharknado

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So all I wanted today was to squeeze in a pedicure because my toes are all naked. My day started running out the door at 8:30 because the guys who are re- finishing the wood floors at the old house showed up early. I get in my car and notice that the entire contents of my center console is on my driver seat and my glove box is emptied on the passenger floor. I was thinking maybe rob was looking for something when I noticed two pieces of plastic sticking on my windshield where my EZ pass usually is, I was robbed :(. All they got was my old Magellan GPS that I don't use anymore and my EZ pass that I do use so that was a bummer. I was the 4th call that morning within walking distance of my house.

So the police officer suggested that I get flood lights for the driveway if I am going to not park in the garage. ( super hot cop BTW!!!) big & muscly and all full of male protective concern.

So I moved lighting up on my list and called an electrician, the electrician came and said he could come on sat and get flood lights on the back deck and above garage but I need to get rid of the bees problem I have. Huh!!! Crow! I have a bee problem! Called exterminator they came out and said I gave a pretty bad bee problem but they will squeeze me in next day. They said they can make it so the bees won't come back on the house but the house will have to be resprayed every year because of all of my perennials along the house and in the yard. Next call landscape architect to come and rip out all gardens and just leave bushes. I barely have time to shower, so I am definitely not spending my free time gardening!! The bee spray alone cost's $400 & I'm not bathing my house in chemicals every year for some flowers!! So that was my frustrating day!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Nothing feels wider than thinking about someone going through your stuff. :( my truck has only been violated if i leave it unlocked. It stinks snag people are horrible.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, you truly impress me. Ol hey!
Cowboy_Ken said:

Status
Not open for further replies.