Post your top shells? :)

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Hellooo Leopard Lovers :)

My Marley was just in the bath, and I was just looking at the top of his shell, wondering what all your tortoises look like from above! I wonder how different they all can be? And how many different variations in pattern there are. I think the top of the shell is the best way to view a pattern... So, I was just wondering, will you post a picture from above of your leopards shell?

Please? :)

Here's Marley in the bath, 2 1/2 years old.

n1f29t.jpg

2cz4gp0.jpg

Been a while since I've posted on the forum, looking forward to seeing how your torts are growing up. Thanks guys :)

seanwilson1

Would u mind showing a picture with your hand beside. I would like to see how much bigger my 1year old will get in the next year :) heres shelly. She is the size of my hand

Attachments

• 1391656504652.jpg
    1391656504652.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 250

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
seanwil said:
Would u mind showing a picture with your hand beside. I would like to see how much bigger my 1year old will get in the next year :) heres shelly. She is the size of my hand

I have one with her next to a tape measure. Just a size indicator. It's not a correct way to measure torts. But here it is. She is a little over 3 years old. ImageUploadedByTortForum1391657015.866539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

seanwilson1

I looked up how to measure her and that threw me off when I expected to see a leopard tortoise :)

But wow I like the colouring!!!

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
seanwil said:
I looked up how to measure her and that threw me off when I expected to see a leopard tortoise :)

Oh yes. Sorry! Oogway is indeed a sulcata. Sorry I thought it was all for all tortoises...

seanwilson1

Re: RE: Post your top shells? :)

tortoisetime565 said:
seanwil said:

Oh yes. Sorry! Oogway is indeed a sulcata. Sorry I thought it was all for all tortoises...

No no I didnt mean it like that. Because i thought u were trying to respond to me asking LeopardTortlover. I am still figuring out this site

I was asking to see how big marley was compared to his/her hand so I can roughly see how big mine will be then

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Team Gomberg said:
My 7" Leopard-

My 6" Leopard-

My 5" Leopard-

And the babies. They don't have the cool patterns yet ;)
My 2 baby Leopards-

4 baby Leopards I'm currently raising-

Holy lovely leopards heather!
That blank leopard is awesome!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Thank you :)

The blank baby, Bella, has a split scute so my fingers are crossed for female!
The other baby, Elmo, had high incubation temps.
If I'm lucky and these 2 are female, I'll have a 2:3 group. Wouldn't that be wonderful :p

Just for fun I placed the smallest baby, Bella, next to my largest for this quick photo.. And to think, 7" Levi was once this small!!
1391721342860.jpg

jshaw9_

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1391807109.448331.jpg my tortoise Lilly. (Even though it's a he)

Currently 4 years 7months and 9.5 inches long weighing roughly 2460g. :)

TomAlicia

5 Year Member
Our new baby Minnie 4 months old

ImageUploadedByTortForum1391893311.296052.jpg

Mickey is coming on Tuesday[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]